°21°

° ° ° ° °
AIDAN:
° ° ° ° °

7:42 PM

I could see that displayed clearly on the home screen of my phone. I was forty-two minutes late to Amorette's party and I was still yet to arrive at the venue which was, apparently, at Amorette's home.

Sitting on the other seat at the front of the car, I stared at the passing environment through the tinted window.

I watched the grasses, bushes, trees and animals. The trees and bushes swaying from side to side, following the directions of the wind. The small and tall grasses following suit, and the animals, dogs mostly, howling at the sound of the wind.

To me, all that held a kind of peace and serenity.

I felt a smile creep up my face.

I craved that. The feeling of inner peace and serenity.

My eyes trailed down my body and rested on my wrist, covered up by the white long sleeve turtleneck I had on.

I had cut myself again and I needed to long sleeve to hide that.

A frown marred the little smile on my face.

When guilt still ate me up, I could never experience that feeling of serenity.

I moved away from the tinted-glass window and rested my head on the head of the car seat.

Eventually, I dozed off.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

This was a first, attending Amorette's party.

I never imagined I would actually do this, never ever because her and Mandel were the two people I disliked in the school.

People were trooping into the venue with wide smiles and laughter, I guess they decided to give her a second chance.

Getting to the entrance of the party, I found Amorette standing there. She beamed widely, handing me what looked like a thank you card.

"Glad you made it." She chirped. "Really glad."

"Yeah." I replied. "Me too."

Saying that, I walked passed her and into the venue.

I looked around the place, searching for a seat to sit on. There were lots of tables and chairs, covered in clothes and nicely decorated, most of which were already taken.

8:25 PM

That was the time at the moment.

I took an empty seat, and looked around for anyone I might know, Samuel perhaps but all I saw were strange and familiar faces I wasn't close to.

About ten minutes later, someone took the stage and called for people's attention. I looked up from the paper I was reading on the table and to my suprise, it was Daniella.

Technically, the place she stood wasn't a stage, it was just a free space for entertainment.

"Hey everyone, I'm your co-host, Daniella and this party officially starts now. Sorry it hasn't been much fun since, couldn't make it on time. But now that I'm here, this party's gonna move from dry to lit." She smiled.

Her words were followed by applauses and loud whistling, and when it had died down, she spoke up again.

"So, we're going to start this party with a dance performance to Electricity by Pheelz done by Ayomide, Samuel and Obinna. Please give a round of applause to them." She said, and that was followed by another round of applause and loud whistling.