Prologue: The Unexpected Transmigration

"I want to die

"I want to die."

I sighed for the nth time, my back comfortably laid down on the croaky long couch. With my hand gripping my phone, my thumb is busy scrolling down through different apps.

I'm an average woman who had an unstable job, no family members or relatives around to ask for financial help, no social circle of friends, nor do I have the motivation to do any chores at home.

By any means, my unstable job status disintegrated into nothing. Literally, no job anymore. Screw you, kornbip—I mean, COVID-19!

"They say you only live once so live life to the fullest, but my life right now is not even worth living." I commented in disdain, not even putting any effort to get up despite the grumbling sound coming from my stomach.

I'm hungry, I know. But I need to save up the money for bills, and rent, too.

Which means I need to ignore this hunger at all costs. I already ate this morning anyway, I should practice myself to eat once a day to last my money a bit longer.

My attention soon focused on a green app with the name "Webtoon", where I usually read stories after working before pandemic started. This is also one of the reasons why I still lived on.

Since it's been so long, I opened the app and waited for the loading screen to finish. Then afterwards, I saw a bunch of reading events in exchange of free coins, including the canvas events, but I ignored it. I'm too lazy to scroll down the panels of some stories I don't even like.

Besides, it feels horribly upsetting to just read it for the sake of free coins. So unless the story intrigues me to try, it's a no thank you.

"Hmm, Lookism is still on-going. Cool."

There were other webtoons that I forgot about, but I could never forget Lookism. That's the first webtoon I've ever read, and I still do until now.

"Since I ghosted the app so long, it probably has more and longer chapters—" I stopped mid-sentence, when I saw a story with a similar style of title from what I was supposed to read.

Questism.

Upon checking, I learned that the story is connected to Lookism, or more like, included in the PTJ universe.

Which means this one's a cool story to read!

Even the sypnosis had me hooked. Without hesitation, I clicked the first chapter and started reading, scrolling down at my own pace. Let's see how the main character is.

Meanwhile...

"Ah, dang it." I groaned, seeing that I now have to use coins to open up the next chapter. I was already at chapter 27, and I'm left in a terrible cliff hanger!

Since I don't have any coins from the free coins events, nor do I have the money to buy coins, I chose to search the story...in another website.

Don't shit on me. Others probably do the same thing as me, but I still always go back to read chapters on webtoon once they are released.