Chapter 13: Respect Thy Elders!

"Excuse me

"Excuse me." One boy whom I can remember as...Sangcheol. Yes, Sangcheol. Upon seeing him, I took my time to sit upright or I might get a stroke.

"Hm?"

He had an innocent look plastered to his face, holding the back of his head. "Are you a highschool student, by any chance?"

I nodded at him. "Yeah, I am." Should I just beat them up already to get my cards? Oh wait, I can't yet.

Patience, Suhyeon. Patience.

"Oh, I see." Good for you. "You see, we don't have any money for the bus..." The fuck you mean, I don't even see and I couldn't care less about it. "...can you lend us some?"

I tried to give a small difference to my response. The last time I did, the flow of conversation changed a bit, until the events changed too.

Let's see if a plot also has a plot armor!

"Oh?" I tilted my head on the side, acting naive. "I don't have any. What about it?"

"Oh, I see..." Wait, is this it? Are they going to beat me up?! Hold up, I haven't improvised my next lines yet!

"Um—"

"Noona, we really need money for the bus." He suddenly begged, blinking his puppy eyes at me. The sight itself gave me shivers down my spine.

I waved a hand at him, my lips twitching, fake smile almost fading away. "I really don't have any. I'm broke." That's not a lie. If I was, I shouldn't be doing this shit.

Once a broke, always a broke.

I decided to stand up, just to be sure. The system isn't showing up yet, and I don't think they want to pick a fight with me either. As expected, there is always a change. But is there going to be a change in the plot's event now?

"Please noona?"

"Help us out, miss highschooler!"

"We implore you!"

Not only Sangcheol, but the rest of the other guys behind him started begging as if their life depended on it. I'm even amazed at the fact that they can shed crocodile tears so effortlessly.

Damn, kids got talents, huh?

"No, I'm really sorry." I change my mind. Why did I even try to check a plot's plot armor? I'd rather fight them than deal with their whining. And don't even think I'm being too harsh or selfish.

How the hell am I supposed to give what I don't have?!

I WANT MONEY TOO!

But I held that rage to myself. With my last attempt to flash a smile, I chose to bid them farewell if I can't beat them up for the quest. "Please excuse me—"

But the oblivious kids are persistent. "Do you really not want to—"

"NAAAW!" The boys flinched at the sudden roar from a highschooler they thought they could beg money to. "YOU WANT MONEY? I WANT IT TOO, OKAY?! IF I SAID I DON'T HAVE ANY, I DON'T HAVE ANY! YOU HEAR ME?! YOU HEAR?!"