Chapter 44: Time to Adopt a Strategist

[System]South Gangbuk is near

[System]
South Gangbuk is near

Noticing that announcement from my peripheral vision made me stop advancing an attack on Jaeha.

The tan thug didn't care though, he just dashed at me with his ever so graceful kicks while I focused on dodging through weaving.

I made sure to visibly send a hand signal to Hyeondong who's probably watching the fight between me and Jaeha to prepare our last resort.

"JAEHA HAN!"

[System]
You used the Hit Those High Notes card.

He stopped, an eye twitched with his lips curved into a frown. "That annoying pitch again. What the hell is wrong with your voice?"

"That's what you call a battle cry, son of a bitch!" I retorted, before walking towards Hyeondong who bowed down to me while offering the suitcase containing the patches of fentanyl.

Jaeha, however, only smirked at the sight. "That must be what I think it is."

"You're right." Turning back, I showed it infront of him. "This is what I was supposed to give to you in exchange of letting us go. You see..."

[System]
The Silver Tongue card has been triggered.

"There's more to benefit with Seok's secret business than take his offer just to wipe off the entirety of the West." Aside my grade A acting, the Silver Tongue might be able to help me out to convince him.

[System]
Your probability of persuading the other party is increased.

It may not really persuade him to say yes in an instant, but the chances are still high for him to be convinced.

He stared at the bag silently, his eyes are focused on it which means I caught his attention with a great hook for the intro. And so I continued on.

"Why don't we make a deal again?"

I know I turned him down earlier when he told me I can make an offer again, but maybe it's time for me to swallow my pride and make another deal anyway.

That made him look up to me in amusement. He held the cigarette in between his index and middle finger. "A deal?"

"Leave us be and just backstab Seok Kang, haha."

His amusement faded in an instant as I received a scowl and a judgemental look from him. "Do you know what a deal is? Why the fuck should I do what you—?"

"Then I'll give this to you." I added, raising the suitcase up for him to see clearly. "Aren't you curious to know what kind of business Seok is doing?"

Before he can even respond, I just replied to my own question. "I know you are. You even have Geon doing little experiments, but nothing ever works."

He grinned. "Guess you also have decent informants, huh."