Chapter 7: It's Payback Time

I should be eating by now, but because of some fatass bully, I can only pass on the hunger and get a whole ass whooping

"Go ahead. Scream at me exactly like you did yesterday." He commanded, or more like taunted, with a cigarette held in his hand.

I swallowed my pride since this will be the last time anyway. As I kneel down, I gave him a smile. "I'm sorry. I don't know what I was thinking. I shouldn't have done that."

The way I delivered my words weren't apologetic tho. It was like a speech, or simply reading a sentence from a textbook. He's dumb anyway, it won't matter.

"That's odd."

Here it is. One last slap. I should brace myself.

"What is it?"

Changdong raised a hand. "I'm the one hitting you. So why are you apologizing to me?" He swifly slapped me across my face. Again.

Inhale. Exhale.

Maintaining my innocent pathetic expression as I held my face, I looked up to him as he called my name. "Yes?"

The cigarette he was just holding earlier now got flicked, dramatically spinning on air before landing lifelessly on the ground. "Fetch it."

"Aren't you finished with that—"

"Suhyeon."

Seriously. Why is everyone cutting off my words before I even finish them, while I always listen to them to finish their own words?!

Unfair!

"Do it."

This is the last time, Changdong. Make the most of it and have fun until it lasts.

I crawled carefully to pick up the disgusting cigarette, but before I can grab it fully, a familiar voice suddenly interrupted.

"Hey." I didn't even need to look up to know who it is. Indeed, it is my sister, Dahyeon. "What are you doing?" She questioned, holding two blue plastic bags. It seems she's in charge of taking out the trash today.

But dang, my position right now is embarassing! She already said so herself that I'm embarassing. I quickly stood up. I'm really going to put all this anger to beating Changdong later.

For now, I have to worry about redirecting his attention. He shouldn't get interested with Dahyeon! Or else—

"I said...what are you doing?" Dahyeon already repeated her question. The only thing I can tell her is—