Chapter 36: That's What I Thought

"Hey Chaerin

"Hey Chaerin." I decided I have to break the awkward silence between us. It's a good thing her first response is not the usual slap to the face.

"Y-Yeah?"

Glancing down to our hands intertwined, I frowned. "Your hand is so sweaty."

"S-so's yours, you know!" She argued, making me defend myself.

"It's because of yours!" I tried to shuffle around again, but it's too cramped in here that my whole body has no choice but to remain standing in a stiff manner.

I don't even have anything to say about Fumblr or whatnot. The only thing I can think about is beg them not to shave my brows after I leave this closet for her sake!

I'm barely seeing her too. The only light inside is coming from the edge of the closet door. If it were to be blocked, it will worsen Chaerin's claustrophobia.

[System]
A new quest has been created.

"Oh come on!" I screeched, which made Chaerin flinch in surprise.

"Suhyeon? What is it?" She looked at me in confusion, but I only stared near her direction since the system screen decided it is best to position itself there. "Wait. What's up with you?"

Me? Haha, I'm just sweating profusely, feeling the intense heat that is slowly making me feel nauseous.

"S-Suhyeon?"

[System]
Win against Chaerin Baek
Make her exit the closet [0/1]
Reward: 1 Silver Card

What in the world? Isn't this the complete opposite of what's supposed to be the quest I'll receive?

"What is it? What's wrong with you?"

"Nah, just constipated." I casually replied or else she'll think I lost my mind. But it looks like she's judging me badly than I thought.

Still, the problem is the side quest. What is that bastard thinking? Does he think it's fun seeing others suffer in their traumas too?

Well, good thing it's just a side quest, and the system did clarify from the beginning that I won't be facing a terrible consequence if I fail to do it.

"Shit! It's too damn hot in here."

Should I just step out now? Maybe they haven't barricaded the closet from the outside. I need to act fast so I won't waste the Maximum Capacity card today.

Sneakily placing a palm to the closet door, I tried to give it a little push. "Shit." Did I not push it hard enough? Before I can try to push it open again, I got interrupted with her curiousity.