Chapter 24: Do You Like It Sweet or Spicy?

If it were a side quest, I can just ditch it and walk back home in peace

If it were a side quest, I can just ditch it and walk back home in peace. But this system decided to kill my chance to rest and sent me this ridiculous main quest.

[System]
A Sleep Over at Chaerin's Place [0/1]
Reward: 2 Gold Cards

Those 2 gold cards are really tempting, and I don't see anything wrong with a sleep over. My problem is, my mom in this world might get worried and scold me brutally by tomorrow! Heck, I don't even have my phone, and I don't know her number at all!

"If you don't want to, then don't." Chaerin remarked as she looked away, arms crossed over her chest. I flashed her a smile despite the sweat evidently rolling down the side of my face.

What options do I even have left? Just suck it up.

"Haha, ofcourse I don't mind. It's nice of you to invite me over, much more letting me stay here—"

"You sound like reading a scripted response out of a textbook." Turning her back to me, she walked away while gesturing for me to follow.

I had to oblige, ofcourse. "System, are you kidding me?" I hissed, glaring daggers at the screen infront of me. Even if I accepted the offer, it still didn't mark the quest finished.

What a smart move, since I can just go home after they mark it complete.

Chaerin opened the door to a certain room. It looks like a spare bedroom used for visitors or something. Nothing fancy, but it seems like some of her friends use it whenever they stay the night here.

I got too curious to see more of the room's interior that I scooted closer to her. Peeking from her shoulder, I saw a decent bedroom that doesn't look too shiny or boring. It's just the perfect aesthetic that matches Chaerin's preferences and vibes.

"You can sleep here." She offered, before turning to look at me. "Just tell me if you need..."

When she stopped, it caught my attention and looked at her. Blinking my eyes, I just realized I'm too close, our faces can almost knock each others over.

I immediately backed away. "Oh, sorry, uh..." The grumble that came from my stomach didn't help at all. This is soooo awkward. I just want the land to eat me up whole right now and disappear!

Just when I'm about to die out of shame, I recalled this is the exact feeling I need to feel in order to trigger the effect of the Master! Please! card.

But it's so difficult when I don't get embarassed infront of another person. Or if there's no one around at all! Or no hits either!

Shame wasted.

"Do you eat tteokbokki?" Hearing her question helped to ease the awkward silence. I just nodded, eyes staring at the floor to avoid eye contact.

Haha, look. It's a floor. A pretty floor.