Chapter 71: What You Give is What You Receive

My jaw dropped at the sight of Kuja's battered face

My jaw dropped at the sight of Kuja's battered face. His glasses that survived a lot of battles, soon met its end at the fist of an awakened Seok Kang.

[System]
Warning!

That red system screen sent chills down my spine. This is the first time I got a warning after everything that happened.

[System]
Seok Kang is filled with conviction!

Haru is equally horrified as me, we can only watch how he punched Kuja nonstop. It's a brutal one-sided beating.

But I could have saved him. I could have protected him. He wouldn't have to be beaten up and be in pain.

Only if he didn't push me away!

"Kuja, you really..." Clenching my hand into a fist, I bit my lower lip in frustration.

[System]
Seok Kang's potential is skyrocketing.

Damn it, who cares about the penalty?!

"Suhyeon?!" Haru can only call out to me in surprise as I charged at Seok. The latter surprisingly got nudged, resulting for him to be pushed away from Kuja who unconsciously laid down the floor.

Quickly carrying him by the arm, I pulled the knocked out Kuja and placed him at a safer corner. "Shocks." The sight of his battered face, far worse and cruel than what Hakjin did to him, made me wince.

"He's badly hurt." The brunette pointed out with a worried tone. I took a deep breath, before peering over my shoulder to look at the bastard who menacingly stood up, blood evidently dripping down his fist.

Coincidentally, the system announced the enemy's awakened potential.

"Peek at you." I mumbled to myself, staring at the same monstrous stats as I saw in the webtoon. SS for strength, SS- for speed, an A for potential, C for intelligence, and SS+ for endurance.

Basically, we're fucked.

"There you are." Seok Kang glanced at us, and I swear his eyes almost glowed red like a legit monster. He finally opened his eyes, huh.

I'll try not to gouge them out.

At this moment, another ally showed up with a taekwondo kick that didn't really do much damage to Seok. The blonde tan top dog of the East grinned at the sight while Haru and I stared at the monster infront of us.

"Shit. Doesn't even seem like I did any damage." Jaeha casually commented. "I got a real bad feeling about this. Be on your guard, both of you."

We might be the ones surrounding Seok who's all alone, but the vibes he's emitting made it seem like he's the one who had us cornered.

"I've never seen Seok Kang like this before."

Neither do I. But that sounds like a 'This isn't you' comment to me.