Chapter 52: Crown, Heart, and Blood

A lot happened today, so the moment we returned to West Gangbuk High, Jihyeok approved of my suggestion to dismiss everyone

"You need to rest, Suhyeon!" Hyeondong reminded as he handed over a lot of bandages to me. "That can help heal your arm faster."

I smiled. "Thanks." It's a hassle to treat my own bruises, but I'm too shy to ask for help.

Not until someone else grabbed the bandages from me. Looking up, it's Haru. "Roll up your sleeve."

Without hesitation, I obliged. The moment I did so, the three of them gasped at the sight.

My brows furrowed at their synchronized reactions. "What? What is it?"

"Doesn't that hurt?" Jihyeok asked in curiousity and confusion, pointing a fan to my arms. "How come you are not bothered at all?!"

I blinked, before scanning the cuts and bruises I received due to Hakjin's bruss knuckles hitting me. "I'm used to it." The pain, I mean, not the bruss knuckles.

Hyeondong's quick enough to lend me some wet towel to wipe and clean it for a bit, before Haru helped in bandaging both of my arms properly. "You should get hurt less, Suhyeon." The advisor adviced, to which I can only shrug at.

"There's no certainty in that."

In a fight, everyone is bound to get hurt. It depends if it is really going to be an equal fight or just a one-sided beating.

"It's better if you don't get hurt at all." We all looked at Haru who seems to have said that unconsciously, he even looks surprised himself. "Wait, I—"

Raising my hands to pinch his cheeks, I beamed a smile. "Awww, our honeybunch is concerned!"

He frowned, a red blush flashed in his face. "Stop it!" Just as he's about to push me away by holding my arms, he immediately stopped, realizing that they're currently bandaged.

"I'm sorry!"

"Meh, it's fine." Ruffling his hair, I smiled at him. "Thank you."

That marked the end of our conversation as we all went on our separate ways. Hyeondong insisted on escorting me, but I refused.

I need some time alone for now. A lot happened and I'm a little bit lost in thought. If he sees my crazy antics, he might spread another rumor about me.

At home...

"Explain." Carefully crossing my arms as I comfortably sat on the bed, I narrowed my eyes at the system screen. "What do you mean by Kuja knowing something about me?"

[System]
He's not totally aware that you are a different person.

I raised a brow. "That contradicts what you said earlier."

[System]
What I meant was that he knew you'd act different at some point in time. I made sure that Suhyeon hinted it for him to have a clue before you took over.