Chapter 35: I Thought I'm Done For

It's a good thing I survived and got the chance to enjoy in a pool

It's a good thing I survived and got the chance to enjoy in a pool. Chaerin managed to cool down and get changed into a not too showy outfit. Meanwhile, her friends couldn't get enough of me.

"Suhyeon, you're really cute!" The brunette hugged me tight as if I'm a pillow. "I never noticed how nice your body is! Plus, your height makes you all the more cute!"

"Agreed! Let's take selfies together!" The girl with a ponytail suggested with a grin. I can only smile at them while Chaerin scoffed at her own friend's energetic vibes.

I simply wore a Tankini. A tanktop-like bikini with a skirt. I guess I have a good eye for which outfit will fit best with this body of mine.

"She's still a midget." Chaerin mutters under her breath, which I still managed to hear.

Not like I mind. I don't think she realized how much I've grown the past few days. I've already left the clutches of 4 ft height, you know.

"By the way, Suhyeon." Their tone of voice suddenly changed. It's like they're about to do or say something...well, terrifying?

I gulped, but still inquired about it with enough confidence and courage. "Yeah?"

"Are you, perhaps, interested in dating someone?"

The question made all of them stare at me intensely, waiting for my response as if it holds the answer to solve worldwide hunger. Well, there's no true answer to it. The scarcity of food not only depends on lacking resources, but also because of privileges and status.

There's no starvation for the poor if food is equally distributed and not taken advantage of by selfish people.

Ehem. I think I diverted a bit too far from their question.

"Uh, well..." I averted my eyes elsewhere, unsure whether I'll say yes or no. "...maybe?" That's the safest answer, probably.

But no! Chaerin's expression suddenly crumpled, and that smile doesn't relieve me at all! It's sarcastic and threatening, okay?!

"Let me guess." Now all eyes landed on her as she crossed her arms. "It's that girl from last time."

Her friends gasped and slowly looked back to me, brows almost wiggling up and down in a smooth manner, teasing looks made me remember Hyeondong minus the brows part since he doesn't have any.

"Ooooh! Suhyeon, you like girls?!"

"Are you bi?!"

"Um, I, uh..." Shit, why did Chaerin have to bring Soha up?! Now it will be awkward no matter what response I give! "...Soha is my younger sister's friend."

They laughed. "What about it~ you can still like a sister's friend, right?"

"Oh my, Suhyeon's falling in love~"

I don't know why, but their words doesn't seem to be directed at me. Instead, they're giving sneaky side glances to their quiet friend on the sideline.

...what's going on?