Chapter 19: Please No Quest, I Need Rest

"It's today

"It's today..." Kuja and I walked our way at the gate to leave school. "...the day of...the Gangbuk Conference!"

I pursed my lips into a frown, not really able to fake a facade of being stoic. I'm honestly upset that I have to go. But I don't have a choice.

"Damn it, if it weren't for the system." I grumbled, a tired expression is probably evident in my face. "And those 11 cards too."

"Cards?"

"Nah, it's nothing." Original Suhyeon thought that once he attends the conference, the quest will be completed. Well, it might not be easy for me to escape the conference's clutches later on.

Just like him, I think I've become addicted with receiving cards as rewards. "Thanks for coming with me, Kuja."

"Do you...have a plan in place?"

Glancing at Kuja, I decided to respond with a paraphrased line. "I'll just show up then make a run for it afterwards."

But I can't really do that. The plot says no, so no.

"I really hope nothing goes down at the conference." My lines always contradicts the situation. I feel like original Suhyeon miserably ends up jinxing his words—wait, not just him, but also me!

Screw our luck!

"I think...that might not be possible..." Kuja commented as he held the bridge of his glasses. I know why, but I still had to ask and pretend I'm a dumb piece of shit.

"Huh? Why?"

"Look in front of you."

The moment I did, there greeted me a similar and familiar figures of 1st year students who all bowed down to me.

"Greetings, Suhyeon!!!"

I sighed, giving them a tired look. Here's another round of acting. "I don't even have the energy to get angry at this point."

I'm not really sure if I'll change this situation and allow the guys to tag along or not at all. "What is this?"

"The Gangbuk Conference is where the leaders of each high school in the Gangbuk district gather!" Hyeondong exclaimed with so much passion. "I've readied our people in case something goes doooooown!!!"

That face resembles a rubber chicken being squeezed to squeak out. It could be fucking funny, only if I didn't have a plot to act upon.

Taking deep breaths, I cleared my throat to tune my voice, before I screamed back at him dramatically. "Why the hell would you do that?!"

I just hoped moments ago that nothing goes down, but here they are, expecting for something to go down. Well I bet there's indeed something about to go down.

"I'm the one going down to the afterlife, fuckers!" That wasn't part of the script, but I don't give a fuck. This just gives more drama and I'm loving it.