Chapter 69: I Have Eyes and Ears Everywhere

"What? Haru needs to step up?"

Hakjin nodded his head. "That's right."

After a while, he returned to give us fake information to lure Haru into a trap. The three of us sat on a bench, while he stood infront of us with both hands hidden in his pants' pockets.

"South Gangbuk High is readying a separate unit to lead an ambush. They're awaiting Beomsang Jeong's orders to strike from the rear."

Even his explanation sounds convincing. They really planned it well in order to survive this war.

"Things will be a lot easier if you take them out first." He continued. "Otherwise they'll be the ones coming after us."

I looked at Haru, who also looked at me with a curious expression. "Wouldn't it be better if we all go?" I asked as a suggestion, but ofcourse he'll turn it down.

"Me, Haru, and a few more fighters should be enough."

The brunette also tried to protest. "But..."

"If you don't take the ambush unit out first, you'll regret it." He soon pulled a cigarette and lit it up with a lighter. "Trust me."

Wow, gaslighting at its finest.

Glancing back at him, I can only sigh. "Well, if you insist trump card."

"Suhyeon?" Haru whispered a question at me. He's obviously confused with my risky decision all of a sudden.

I flashed him a grin paired with a wink which made him blink at me. "Trust me." Standing up, two of my crew members watched me approach the so-called-trump card with a polite smile.

"Is there anything else you want to ask—" He halted when he realized I held him by the arms from behind, making it difficult for him to move or run away.

"You bastard, you take me for a fool?" I asked menacingly with a serious death stare. "You thought I wouldn't know? It's pretty much obvious. I let you join so I can turn you into a double edged sword."

South Gangbuk is using him against me, but now they surely have to be careful or else they'll get cut down by the very sword they pointed at me.

Hakjin panicked, sweat rolling down the side of his face while trying to wriggle his way out. "Wait a minute! I'm sorry! I was just following Beomsang Jeong's orders!"

Looking at Haru who stood up from the bench, I called out to him. "Haru! Use capoeira on him!"

"I gotta do the dance first!" He announced while swinging his legs and arms in a dance-like pattern. On the side is Jihyeok who's hyping him up with a fan.

The guy I'm restricting to run away for his life looks stressed out by our sudden actions. "Everybody calm down! I'll do whatever you want!"

"Hakjin Ju, you must know it now." Shoving him down the ground, he had no choice but to remain kneeling or else he'll get beat up severely like last time. "I have eyes and ears everywhere."