Chapter 81: That Was My First Too!

It didn't take long for her to finish cooking

It didn't take long for her to finish cooking. A familiar smell of her special tteokbokki slapped me hard in the lungs. It is served in the middle, with two small bowls prepared for me and her.

And of course, the chopsticks that I still can't get used to. "Here, eat." Chaerin took the intiative to grab my bowl and put some tteokbokki in it. Her action is similar to a mom preparing her child's meal.

I beamed a smile at her sweet gesture. "Thanks!" Holding the chopsticks, I made sure to be so casual about it so she won't notice I'm just stabbing the food again. "To be honest, I'm surprised at how good you cook."

My random compliment got her blushing while she took a bite of her own cooking. "What's with the sudden compliment? Just hurry up and eat."

"Alright, I'm digging in." Stab, haha. Raise it up and chew it normally as if I didn't murder it.

Not even a second passed when I felt like I ate the secret meal of a deity. A smile formed in my lips in an instant. "It's really delicious!"

"Pft. So it's good like before?" She asked, arms placed on the table as she leaned forward with a grin.

I nodded enthusiastically. "Yep! This never fails to amaze me!" Here comes the chance to bring up the topic. "Why don't you sell this as a business?!"

Unfortunately she laughed it off and thought I'm just exaggerating. "What the hell are you talking about? Haha."

In the end, we finished the tteokbokki and I took the initiative to wash the dishes while she went somewhere I have no idea about.

But I'm sure she called a friend to inform about me getting invited over to her house for tteokbokki.

Good thing she returned the moment I placed the washed dishes in the...uh, dish resting dryer? Haha, what do we call this thing again? Damn, forget it.

"There we go!" I turned around after the battle with Poseidon in the sink. It's a miracle I'm not soaked or wet. "Thanks for the tteokbokki, Chaerin! Seriously, it's so delicious."

She didn't even look at me, but she stood there with both hands hidden behind her. "Thanks for doing the dishes."

I just jerked a thumbs up. "Of course, that's the least I can do after cooking a delicious meal for me."

"Damn straight. You're pretty perceptive, at least."

"Yeah, try getting bullied for years." I shrugged. "Anyways, do you really not want to sell it as a business? We can become business partners and earn some pocket money!"

She finally looked at me with an eyebrow raised. "You've been pushing the thought quite a lot today. Are you really desperate for money?"

I heaved out a sigh, scratching the back of my head. "More like I need a business or else the crew will sink to poverty."