Chapter 8: Got Caught, Haha!

"Okay

"Okay. We're good here." I let go of Dahyeon's hand, turning back to look at her. "If ever someone comes looking for you, don't go with them."

She raised a brow. "Obviously. Why would I?"

I nodded. "Right. They might end up crying before they can even pull you away with them." I earned a smack to my arm, in which I can only rub in pain.

"I'm leaving. You're the one who shouldn't get into trouble." Dahyeon remarked, before going back to where she's supposed to go.

My stomach grumbled as I felt hungry. Right. I should have eaten something, but the fight was just so intense that I forgot about it. I think I spent more time running away from my crime.

The bell rang, signalling that I give up my desire to eat and go back to class as if nothing ever happened.

Haha, shit.

A few moments later...

I was lucky enough to find Kuja. He just got out of the restroom while I was razing the hallways to look for him.

He listened intently to my story as I told him what happened behind the school building. His facial expression would always change depending on the mood of my narrative, making me amused at his funny reactions.

"This is...unbelievable!" He exclaims with wide eyes, even wider than his eyeglasses' lenses. "You knocked Changdong out! You...you killed him?!"

My forehead creased. That was his line in the restroom, supposedly. I guess due to the changes, he's just saying it now?

And I think that's for the better. Since I won't be in their restroom either. They're boys, and I'm a girl. Maybe the plot did change for that reason.

So instead of beating up Changdong Choi at the boy's restroom like it is originally supposed to happen, it happened behind the school building instead.

I nonchalanly dismissed his accusation. "Him? Dead? Nah. He's a bad strand of grass, he can't die that easily. He's probably just unconscious."

"Now is...not the time!" Kuja grabbed my wrist, before giving me a serious yet panicking look. "We must...run!"

"Stop speaking with such gravitas!" In the end, I panicked just as much as he did. We were able to run somewhere, I'm not sure what the place is called, just an area nobody probably passes by often.

We both sat down tiredly from running around. I suppose this place is a good spot to hide away. A small building with a bunch of few small scraps of stuffs outside.

"Phew. We were able to make a run for it, but..."

Kuja continued my words. "This is...only the beginning!"

"Yeah..." I took my time catching my breath. This body gets tired so easily. I won't depend on the quest system too much. I need to train my body starting now. "Our class must be in an uproar."