34. {the demon wolf}

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

"it's just weird." franchie sighed to hayden. "i've been friends with moonee since kindergarten. she's my longest friend."

it was lunch, hayden and franchie were in the slightly empty school library. franchie was rambling about moonee's change and how it made her feel. hayden sat in a position where she was facing franchie and had all her attention on her.

"i'm so sorry."

"it's okay." franchie shook her head. "i just-i just don't recognise her anymore. it's weird."

"i can't imagine how you must be feeling." hayden frowned, squeezing her two hands.

"she's my best friend, you know?" franchie continued. "feels like there's a part of me missing." the girl then chuckled. "that sounds so cliché, but it's true."

"i'm sorry." hayden said again, she didn't really know how to comfort her.

"it's not your fault." franchie told her. "i'm sure if they made her like this, there's a way to reverse it - there must be."

"that's true." hayden nodded, "it'll be okay - think of the positives."

franchie sadly chucked, "okay, the only positive i can think of this whole chimera pack thing... is that i'm spending more time with you."

"ditto."

hayden slight smirked. the girl slowly placed her hand behind franchie's neck and gently pulled her head closer. franchie smiled and allowed hayden's lips to touch hers.

as they kissed, hayden's hand rested on the girl's bare knee. franchie noticed that hayden's lips and her hands were incredibly soft. the kiss was passionate and sweet. once they pulled back, the two rested their foreheads together.

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

the door of the operating theatre opened, and theo entered. in his hand was a jar of talons and he looked stunned by the sight in front of him.

first, he saw corey, curled up on the floor with his head between his knees. beside him was josh, who kneeled on the floor, cradling his injured arm and covered in blood.

tracy was standing in the doorway between the room and the operating theatre proper, where she was pressing her hands to a bleeding wound on her stomach.

an uninjured dark moonee was leaning on the wall and beside her was proof that the chimera pack's mission was a success. the demon wolf, deucalion, was hooked up to a wolfsbane iv drip.

"and your brother has no problem with you going against him?" deucalion questioned the girl.

"it's not up to him, is it?" dark moonee shot back. "i make my own choices."