CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

THE FORBIDDEN ZONE;
part four

POPE WOKE RENNA UP EARLY the next morning, having to drag the blonde out of the bed and away from the boy sleeping beside her so they could talk to Sarah

POPE WOKE RENNA UP EARLY the next morning, having to drag the blonde out of the bed and away from the boy sleeping beside her so they could talk to Sarah. If the girls wanted to keep their friendship a secret, the two Pogues would have to sneak out before everyone else woke up to avoid the suspicious questions that would inevitably be thrown their way.

"I'll wait in the car, out here, on the road. I ain't goin' in there, no way," Pope muttered as he pulled up on the side of the curb. Renna took a deep breath before nodding, leaving her friend in the driver's seat of the Twinkie with one last smile before disappearing into the Cameron residence.

Luckily, Sarah was outside in the front garden, picking flowers and arranging them in a glass vase. Renna hadn't even questioned the thought of the girl being asleep when Pope drove her to the grand house, as she would normally catch sight of the fellow blonde girl in the front yard at early times in the morning. They were both early-risers, which they often applauded themselves for.

As if she could sense her, Sarah turned around as Renna approached the end of the gravel driveway, the tip of her shoe only smudging against the brick path before the blonde had spun around. They both instantly brightened.

"Hey, Rei! How are you?" She asked as she placed the vase on the ground and ripped off her gloves, wrapping her arms around Renna's shoulders with a smile.

"I'm good, Cam. I'm good, how are you?" Renna asked, a grin softly forming on her face.

"Oh, you know. Just, keeping on I suppose," she shrugged, staring at the trees that lined her house's perimeter from over the girl's shoulder.

At her tone, and the response itself, Renna knew something had happened, and her immediate guess was Topper.

"You wanna talk about it?" She asked, pulling away but keeping her hands resting against the top of Sarah's shoulders. She sighed.

"Topper's just being Topper, you know. But, I don't know, I don't really wanna forgive him," Sarah said solemnly. It had kept her up all night, the argument that had gone down on the balcony of the party.

"Then don't, Sarah. Don't feel pressured to do anything, alright. Do what you-" Renna pressed a finger to her friend's chest "-want to do, not anyone else."

"Yeah, I know. I'm just gonna wait it out for a bit. I don't wanna decide right now," she muttered, a smile slowly returning to her lips.

"Okay, that's okay," Renna mumbled, smiling, but then she wasn't. Sarah frowned, tilting her head with confusion, as Renna only sighed. "I know now is definitely not the time, but I have something I want to show you, if you want."

"Okay?" Sarah asked sceptically.

"This video will change the way you see them, alright? So I won't be upset if you say no," Renna uttered, forehead creased with oncoming worry.