CHAPTER FORTY-SIX

MY DRUTHERS;
part one

"RENNA!" ATTICUS CHEERED AS HE looked out the back of John B's shed. She was tying up her jet ski, looking up immediately once registering the boy's voice. All her friends glanced over, smiles on their faces, as Atticus rushed towards the girl. "Are you okay, I didn't hear from you all night?"

"Yeah, I'm fine," she forced a smile as he wrapped his arm around her, walking her towards the rest of their friends. He deadpanned, causing her to sigh. "Okay, okay . . . Dick might have turned up last night."

"He what?" Kiara exasperated, putting her ukulele on the ground with a frown. 

Atticus stopped her, holding her chin up by his fingers as his eyes traced her face. "Did he hurt you? He didn't touch you, did he?" He asked, voice low. 

"No, no, I'm fine. He, uh- he punched Blake though." JJ choked as Pope let out a gasp. 

"I'm sorry?" They both questioned unbelievably.

She turned to face the others, Atticus' finger dropping from her face as his brows furrowed even deeper. "Mum and Victor kicked him out before he could do anything else, but . . . he might come back."

JJ looked between her and Atticus. "Why can't you just . . . you know, lock the door?" The blond asked, genuinely curious.

"He has a key, J," she whispered sadly. 

"Oh."

She looked back at Atticus, eyes coming to rest on his forehead, where a ghost of a bruise plagued his skin. She turned around completely, hand moving up to run over it, as he let out the slightest wince. Her eyes flicked back down to meet his sight. "What happened? Are you alright?" 

He nodded, a light laugh flowing passed his lips as they turned up into a smile. "I'm better than alright, love," he whispered as he slung his arm back over her shoulder, pressing a kiss to the temple of her head. However, she wasn't having it, as she turned her narrowed eyes to inspect the rest of them. 

Kiara sighed and rolled her eyes before picking back up her ukulele, Pope staring at the girl with a gulp as JJ turned away, letting out a whistle as his hand moved to run through his hair. "What did y'all do?"

"Wait, did you hear that?" Renna rolled her eyes, her head tilting to the side as she raised her brows. 

"JJ, I'm not fall-" but an obnoxious car horn sounding through the yard cut her off. The two blondes locked eyes before starting to walk out of the shed, Atticus' arm falling off the girl before slipping into her hand as the last person they expected to see walked through the yard towards them. "What did y'all do?" Renna laughed, eyes latched onto the boy before she ran in front of the others. She pulled him into a hug, the others joining in around her with laughter and cheery smiles.