CHAPTER FIFTY-EIGHT

THE DIARY;
part one

"THIS IS LIKE THE WHITE house, man!" 

The group had dropped Sarah off at John B's house, the rest of them continuing to sail through the marsh until they reached the dock by Kiara's house. 

"If you think this is the white house, wait 'til you see where Renna lives," Pope laughed, his hand clapping against the blonde's back. 

She sent him a look sheepishly. "It's not that big," she muttered, but the deadpan the blond behind him gave her was enough to let anyone know the opposite. 

"How bad you think it's gonna be?" Pope asked Kiara, who was walking in front as she led her friends through the gate. 

"Scale of one to ten? Twenty."

"Do you want us to hold up here?" Cleo asked with a hand on her hip, sending the girl a worried glance. 

"No, I gotta take this. Thanks for walking me." She strained a smile as she turned around to walk up the front steps, only to look back at the blond leaning on the fencing. "Bye, Jayj." 

Renna and Atticus looked between the two suspiciously, sharing a sneaky look at each other before resting their eyes back on the saluting blond. As they peeled away from the girl's yard, Atticus wrapped his arm around the boy. "You're learning, my friend. I've gotta teach you more," he smirked, tapping him on the shoulder with his loose hand. JJ rolled his eyes. 

"Oh, yeah. 'Cause it didn't take you years to ask young blondie out over here," he mumbled, sending a nod in Renna's direction. He walked off as Atticus' mouth hung low, a scoff flying through his parted lips. 

"Did not!" He shouted to the blond walking away. 

"Somebody needs to tell me the story behind you two," Cleo grinned as her finger wagged between the prestigious couple, the two blushing as smiles formed over their soft lips. 

"I would love to, Cleo," Atticus began as he stepped forward, Pope sending Renna a sceptical glance. "It all started when Renna first saw me and all this beauty," he grinned, running his hands down his chest as he started dancing down the street. 

Renna scoffed, sending a shove to his shoulder. "You wish," she laughed, although, to an extent, it was true. 

"Technically, it was the other way round," Pope appointed with a finger in the air, Cleo's eyes falling on his own. Atticus shrugged as he fell into step with the others. 

"You're not wrong," he whispered with a truthful smile, throwing his arm around her shoulder to press a kiss to the side of her head. She leant her head on his shoulder, letting out a light laugh.