CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE

PARCEL NINE;
part three

THE NEXT MORNING, RENNA AND Atticus had woken up to obnoxious knocks against the living room window. They rushed outside, stumbling over their feet as they tried to tie their shoelaces amidst their frantic running. They rounded the corner of his house, only to stop in their tracks with wide grins spread amongst their faces as they stared into the eyes of their friends and Sarah Cameron.

"Wow," Atticus mumbled with a smirk, crossing his arms as his eyes flicked between Sarah, Kiara, and John B.

Renna skipped forward with a smile. "So, did you guys, you know . . ."  Renna pushed her hands together as she leant against the side of Atticus' house.

"Maybe, just maybe," Kiara shrugged as Sarah glanced at her.

"I would say that's true," she grinned in agreement. Renna laughed before pulling them both into a hug, her chin resting in-between the other two girl's heads.

"I'm so proud!"

"I knew you could do it, Kie," Atticus grinned as he patted her shoulder, the girl instantly swatting it away as soon as Renna had pulled back.

"Oh, shut up," she mumbled.

"Well, are we ready to go?" John B asked as he crossed his arms with raised brows, Pope and JJ nodding behind him as they stared at the four.

"Yeah, yeah-" Atticus looked down at Renna as she casted her eyes to the ground nervously "-but we need to take a detour. We gotta stop by Renna's house."

"Why?" JJ asked with furrowed brows.

"It's a long story. I'll tell you on the way there," Renna muttered with a forced smile.

"Okay, cool. At it, boys! And girls too, sorry," JJ cheered with a grin as he jumped in front of the others. 

They drove to the girl's house, Sarah and John B in the front with the others crammed into the back. Renna was sat on the floor, head resting against Atticus' knees as JJ fiddled with his rings beside him, Pope and Kiara talking on the seats opposing them. When they arrived, Renna left the van alone.

"We'll be right here, okay? I can come with if that helps. I got the-"

"I don't need the gun, JJ. I'll be fine," she mumbled with a smile, leaning through the vehicle with her hands on the outside door frame. 

"I'm coming, anyway," Atticus added from beside the blond whilst he pushed himself away from his seat. In the front, Sarah looked between the two before glancing over to John B with furrowed brows. The boy merely winked at her, her quiet laugh saying it all.

"What? Why?" She asked as Atticus moved closer to her, her frame blocking the doorway.

"Just in case," he muttered with a grin. She sighed, although her hidden smile appeared, as she moved to the side to let the curly-haired boy through.