Thirty-Eight

There was a point in time that Olivia never expected to settle down and get married. She had thought that maybe she'd live her life alone with no one to lie beside her in bed. Then she fell in love with Elliot and his daughters. Years went by, and then they met again and Olivia got to fall in love with Elliot all over again, and this time he had a little boy that needed an actual mother.

"Oh, my god." Casey whispered, as Olivia came out of her small dressing room. Olivia looked up quickly, her eyes wide and scanning the room to see if Lilly, Maureen, or Kathleen had made an enormous mess.

"Who got something on their dress?" Olivia panicked.

"What? No one, Liv! I said that because you look amazing." Casey smiled. Olivia blushed as she smoothed the skirt of her fit and flare dress. It hugged her just right, and Olivia couldn't be happier with how it fit.

"To think that I never would have found this dress if we hadn't been banned from that other store." Olivia chuckled softly as she looked at Maureen and gave her a wink.

"See, I was just helping you out, Mama." The girl laughed.

Olivia moved to the mirror and tugged on the fabric a bit before finally feeling complete. Well, almost complete. Olivia felt as Casey came up behind her and gently pushed the hair away from her neck.

"What are you doing?" Olivia asked softly, before feeling the cold metal of a necklace being laid against her bare skin.

"This was passed to me before I could get in her and dressed. This is from your fiance."

"It's a cross, Mama. Just like the one I wear from my mommy." Maureen smiled. She moved and stood in front of her mother and stared at the necklace.

"It's stunning. Your Daddy has great taste." Olivia smiled tearfully. She blinked away tears, before turning towards those in the room. Casey was Olivia's maid of honor, and all three girls were going to be the flower girls. Olivia wished she had more friends or family, but no matter how little this wedding was turning out, it would be perfect.

Completely perfect.

///

Elliot stood at the front of the church with Fin standing beside him. The room wasn't incredibly full, but those that loved them showed and that was all that mattered.

"I saw Liv before I came in here. She looks amazing." Fin smiled as he gave Elliot a small jab to the side with his elbow.

"Did you really think she'd look anything other than amazing?" Elliot grinned as he waited for the door to open.

"I don't know, did you?" Fin teased. 

Elliot took a breath and went to say something else to Fin, but stopped himself when the wedding march played. Elliot's eyes turned to the back of the church and he watched as Casey walked down the aisle, and the girls followed not long after. Then there was Olivia.

Elliot felt tears well in his eyes as his breath caught in his throat. When Fin said that Olivia looked amazing, he realized that was an understatement. Elliot wouldn't even be able to put words together to form a sentence that described his bride.

Halfway down the aisle, Olivia stopped and swallowed hard. Elliot watched as she steadied herself and squared her shoulders before continuing down.

"Hi." Olivia breathed nervously once she reached Elliot. 

"You are the most beautiful woman in the entire world, Liv. I cannot believe that I get to spend the rest of my life with you." Elliot whimpered.

"We are going to be complete messes for picture time." Olivia laughed weakly before stepping forward and wrapping her arm tightly around Elliot's body. They stayed in that embrace for over a minute before parting and walking up the stairs. 

The priest led them in prayer before getting everything started.

"Elliot, you may now say your vows."

Elliot gave Olivia a shaky smile before squeezing her hands.

"We met when you were in a dark place. Life was hard after you got out of the army, and you were still struggling with knowing you were back in the place you were initially hurt. But no matter how hard things were, you kept fighting, and I watched as your walls fell. You are such a goofball, and an incredibly kind person. Your heart is bigger than anyone else, and I'm so thankful that you had enough space to love someone like me. We have had our trials, but in the end we made it back to each other and I couldn't be more thankful for that." Elliot breathed. 

He said the normal vows and placed Olivia's ring on her finger before placing a soft kiss against her knuckles.

"Olivia, you may go."

Olivia didn't know where to start. She had written her vows more than once, but each time she seemed to forget something. It was as if she couldn't write what her heart was actually feeling.

"I don't know what to say, because the words won't come to me. All I know is that you saved me, and you have protected me from the scariest things. I know that you hated me when we first met, but you quickly stopped being mean and turned into the biggest teddy bear. We both lost a lot, but gained so much more from being together. From being parents to the four kids that made our lives so much more amazing. I love you so much, Elliot."

Olivia did the same as Elliot, before smiling at him as tears trickled down her cheeks.

"Elliot, you may now kiss your bride." The priest smiled. Elliot grabbed Olivia's hand and pulled her flush against his body before kissing her lips deeply.