Thirty-Nine

The newlyweds held each other as they swayed together on the dance floor. Elliot used this opportunity to run his hands over his wife's body. 

"Your curves look perfect in this dress." Elliot smiled as he spun Olivia out before pulling her back in. Olivia laughed as her face glowed from the smile plastered on her face.

"I think I look hot, too." Olivia replied.

"Oh, you are so full of yourself, Mrs. Stabler."

"I think it came with the last name." Olivia giggled before moaning softly as Elliot kissed her neck.

Elliot sucked on his wife's neck for a few more moments before pulling her from the dance floor as the song changed.

Maureen pulled her siblings onto the floor, and they all copied Lilly as they bounced in unison.

"Are you happy?" Elliot asked as he led Olivia to the bar.

"I wouldn't be smiling this much if I wasn't happy. Elliot, the only thing I have wanted was to be happy. I have dreamed about it, and prayed for happiness. Today I finally am completely happy."

Elliot smiled as he ordered a beer before looking at his wife.

"What do you want?"

"Uh, a virgin Shirley Temple, please." Olivia replied.

Elliot watched his wife for a moment as he sipped his beer. Once Olivia had her drink in hand, they walked back to their sweetheart's table and sank down beside each other.

"So, why aren't you drinking tonight?" Elliot mused as he reached out and brushed a curl away from Olivia's neck.

"I just want to remember every single second of this night. I also don't wanna be drunk for our flight to wherever our honeymoon is."

"Liv, are you sure that is the only reason? You were talking about drinking champagne tonight, but we didn't end up with a bottle on our table." Elliot frowned.

Olivia turned to look out at the dance floor. The kids were still dancing, but this time Lilly was on Maureen's hip and the song had changed to something slower.

"Before we got engaged, remember when I was feeling sick? I took a test, and it came back negative, so I was feeling icky just because I had a virus."

"Yeah, I remember. I was a little disappointed, but I knew we could start actually trying once we got married. Maybe have a good ol' honeymoon baby." Elliot chuckled.

"I haven't been feeling disgusting, but my stomach has still been a little upset and my boobs have been tender..." Olivia trailed off. 

She hoped her husband would put two and two together, but he was slightly lost. He got sidetracked when Olivia started talking about her boobs, since that was one of his favorite parts of his wife's body.

"Elliot." Olivia groaned as she looked at Elliot.

"Sorry, what?" Elliot mused, as he finally lifted his eyes from Olivia's chest.

"Do I need to spell it out for you? The moment I said boobs, you stopped listening." Olivia sighed.

"I'm sorry, baby. Please, just tell me what's happening."

"Elliot, I'm-"

"Mama, come join us!" Jacob exclaimed, as he ran to the table and smiled up at Olivia.

"I'm coming, Jakey." Olivia breathed. She stood and left her husband at the table before moving around the table and swinging Jacob into her arms.

///

The reception went on for many hours. At around ten, Bernie grabbed her grandkids and took them home, as the rest of the reception fizzled out. Olivia and Elliot made their rounds and said their goodbyes before heading into the bathroom to change. 

Once they were changed out of their wedding attire, they got into a cab and headed to the airport.

"So where are we going?" Olivia smiled as they walked into the mostly empty airport.

"Miami. I thought we could go swimming, you could tan and wear a skimpy bikini, and then we could go fishing or something." Elliot replied.

"Did you pack me a skimpy bikini?" Olivia laughed as her husband pulled them to a stop.

"Liv, what were you going to tell me earlier? I'm kinda worried that you are sick or something. If you aren't feeling great, we can cancel this and just get a hotel room in town. You can go see a doctor, and if there is anything we need to do, then we can. So-"

"I'm okay, El. Don't worry." Olivia replied. She didn't want to tell her husband the news right here. Standing in the entrance to JFK airport wasn't her ideal place.

"So you aren't dying?" Elliot asked, and Olivia shook her head.

"No, I'm not. Well, not anymore than we already are. Just so you know, Mo told me a few mornings ago that we are all just living to die... she's getting morbid."

"Great, just the thing our little girl needs to be."

///

Once they landed in Miami, they took a cab to their hotel before passing out. They had decided a while ago that they wanted a honeymoon just to themselves, and they would take the kids on a vacation when they got back, so the exhausted couple got to sleep in.

Elliot slept in longer than Olivia, since she woke up not feeling her best.

"Wow, babe. What are you doing up so early?" Elliot asked, when he found Olivia on the balcony of their hotel room. She had left and got some mint tea to drink, which was one of the few things helping her stomach.

"I wasn't feeling good. I got you coffee." Olivia spoke as she passed the other cup to her husband.

"Liv, you said you were fine. What is happening?" Elliot asked as he sank beside his wife.

"This will pass. The only thing that is wrong is the fact I'm actually experiencing mild morning sickness this time around. I didn't really have much of a problem with my son or-"

"What?" Elliot breathed, and Olivia smiled.

"Congrats, you are going to be a father again."

Hey guys! I am ending this next chapter. Thanks for reading.