1 | Kill

ATHENA RUSSO:

ATHENA RUSSO:

The urge to kill possesses me.

The urge to kill blesses me, annihilating all insecurities before they begin. Only ensuring internal wins. Not asking how, why, or when.

The desire to kill is a necessity.

I cross my arms and lean against the wall, watching Yavok, in the shadows. I'm far away that he can't see me but I can see him.

I've dreamed about killing him for years now but I just need to wait for the right moment.

I am capable of killing him now, don't get me wrong, but I need to wait for everything to fall into plan.

I couldn't kill him when I escaped a year ago, it would have been too reckless. I needed to get better. I needed to focus on myself. I needed to heal. If I was going to take everything from him, even his life, I needed a plan.

So that's what I did, I healed and formed a plan.

I just need to wait for a while to even put it in motion. Although, he's been hunting me for months, trying to capture me. He's never gotten close to finding me.

Yavok kisses the blonde young girl, that he has spent this whole day with. She clearly doesn't want to be here with him. From what I can see is that she's just tired, but knowing Yavok he won't let her go til he fucks her.

But at least something about this is good. Turning around, I walk back to my car. My theory. Old men really are bad kisses. I unlock my car and get in.

My fingers tap on the steering wheel, impatiently waiting.

Why is this idiot so fucking slow?

The passenger door opens and Noah literally jumps in the car, slamming the door shut.

"Athena, I can't do this."

I glare at him. "What do you mean you can't do this? You just go into the shop and get me some Oreos." I snap.

He shakes his head, giving me a pleading look in his eyes. "I'm a sniper, not a servant. Plus there are too many people in there, my anxiety is going through the roof," he explains, his voice coming out shaky.

Sighing, I shake my head. "Fine. Forget it. I've lost my appetite anyway." I turn the car on and press down on the gas.

He connects his phone to the car and starts playing Candy Shop by 50 Cent then pulls out a pair of sunglasses and bobs his head to the beat.

I look around to double-check that it is still night time. I look at him confused, why is he wearing sunglasses when the sun isn't out?

I turn the volume down.

He turns it back up.

I turn it back down.

He turns it back up.

"If you don't fucking turn the volume down, I will slit your throat," I warn him.

He turns the volume down.

I nod in approval and drive towards his penthouse.

Noah is a... Acquaintance.

How did I meet him? Well, I was planning to kill him when he came out of nowhere and started speaking to me like we have been friends for years but I decided not to when he said he was being followed.

He's a sniper, not a fighter.

I don't even know why I keep him around but I just do.

"When will we stop following this Yavok guy around? Why is he so important to you?"

I don't answer him.

He doesn't know what I've been through and I'd like to keep it that way. My past is mine. I don't want to be looked at any differently for it.

He thinks that I am a street racer with weirdly good reflexes.

Not some assassin, not some killer, not some monster.

"Well?"

I causally throw him the middle finger and he sighs.

"You're so grumpy. If I was you, I would be so cool, wait no, you already are. How can you be so grumpy but yet so cool?"

"Is that supposed to be a compliment?"

He shrugs, "I don't know."

I swerve the car and he grabs onto the door handle, yelping.

"Fucking hell! What the hell was that for?"

I shrug, "I don't know."

He lowers his sunglasses with a smile. "Aww, look at you, being all cold and grumpy."

"Shut up."

"Hey! How dare you think I'm into you. You know I'm gay. I would never be into you."

"Okay?"

"Glad to know that we are on the same page."

I park my car outside of his building and unbuckle his seatbelt. "Get the fuck out of my car," I demand.

"Okay but promise me the next time you randomly show up to see me, don't come into my bedroom and stand in front of my bed in the dark like a possessed ghost."

I don't promise that.

"See you soon, you psycho," he says with a grin, leaving my car and going into the building.

Yeah, he won't be seeing me soon. He will probably see me next month.

✮ ✮ ✮

Twirling the dagger in my hand, the man screams, pleading for forgiveness.

A small smirk reaches my face, I haven't even started and he's already screaming.

"Please, I won't—"

I turn around, "Does it look like I care? I'm bored and I want to have fun. So be a good boy and be quiet."

He opens his mouth so I throw the dagger right into it. They never listen. His eyes roll back and his head hangs low.

Sitting down on the chair, I place a hand under my chin and sigh. I can never have any fun. I stare at the dead as blood drips out of his mouth.

I guess I can sit and watch this.

A few minutes go by and I'm already playing around with his dead body. His head is on my lap as I carve little flowers onto his chest with the dagger from his mouth.

I stop what I'm doing and look at my work. I've never been one to do art but if I do, I normally do it like this. Titling my head, I watch as blood sweeps out of his body then I continue to carve little stupid things on his body with a soft smile.

The urge to kill always wins.