17 | Drunk

LORENZO RUSSO:

LORENZO RUSSO:

"So we're just not going to do anything?! Lorenzo, she's back. A little bit crazy but that's okay, it runs in the Russo blood but still?!"

I look up at my uncles. All three of them are here. They've been here since this morning, pestering me about Athena since that night.

I sigh and lean back in my chair. "Yes. We're not going to do anything," I tell them.

"Okay Mario, tell him he's lost it," Uncle Dario says, pointing at me.

"You've lost it, Lorenzo," Uncle Mario says, glaring at me.

Uncle Francesco pours himself another cup of whiskey. My uncles both look at him.

"Well? Don't you agree?" Uncle Dario angrily asks him.

Francesco looks at them both, amused. "No, I don't but please do continue. I find this very entertaining."

"Mario get your little Devil Twins to shoot him again, he's pissing me off."

Mario nods and goes into the corner and calls his wife.

"Yeah, do you mind bringing Alessio and Alessia over to Lorenzo's? Why? Don't worry about that, dear. What the hell are you on about?! I'm not cheating on you!"

I steal Francesco's cup of whiskey.

"Hey—"

"Shut up. I need it more than you do," I snap. 

He shuts his mouth and crosses his arms, huffing.

"As I was saying, you surely can't be serious about this. You can't stop the search now, not after we've seen her, alive, not after all these years!" Dario exclaims, throwing his hands in the air, frustrated.

I pass the cup back to Francesco and he pours me more whiskey and passes it back. I drink it all in one go.

"Dario, I know what I am doing. She's getting her revenge, there's no way am I trying to stop that. So we will wait for her to come back on her own."

Dario scoffs in disbelief.

Mario stuffs his phone in his pocket and turns around. "Okay, back. Do you mind repeating that?"

"More Francesco."

He grins and pours more.

Mario snatches the cup from him. "Stop doing that. We need to talk, sober. Okay?" He says, glaring at me.

Dario shakes his head after processing what I said. "She's going to get herself killed!" He tells me with wide eyes.

"No, she won't," I say. She seriously won't. Well, I hope. "Look, she knows what she's doing, I'm fully supporting her by letting her do her... Stuff."