38 | Visit Me

Sorry for the late update guys but I'm starting to get motivated to write more frequently and hopefully I'll start updating more often!

ATHENA RUSSO:

I gaze up at the mansion, which is the residence of my brothers. I step out of the car slowly. Ivan tries to get out of the car, but I intervene.

"I need you to wait here until I return," I mutter.

Ivan waits in the car as I approach the grand entrance, unsure if I should knock. I take a deep breath and knock on the door.

As I stood there lost in my thoughts, the door creaked open, and there stood Marcello, his gaze fixed on me. With a curious tilt of his head, he called out my name, "Athena? What are you doing here?"

"I say, "I'm here to see you and the others," as he steps aside and lets me in. I glance around. This place looks so similar to the old mansion.

Abruptly, I hear brisk footsteps approaching. As I look around, I see Dante and Dom, walking together. They pass by me, but their faces quickly turn to surprise when they halt and slowly turn to me, their eyes widening. "Athena?!" they exclaim, in perfect sync.

Sometimes I forget they are twins. But even twins shouldn't be in such perfect sync. It honestly creeped me out a lot when I first came back and it still does.

I quickly observe Dante and notice he's a little pale.

"Is everyone else home?" I ask them, not bothered by their faces of surprise. I look at Marcello, expecting him to answer my question.

He nods, "Yeah. Dante, and Dom, go and get them and tell them to come to the living room."

They continue to stare at me for a couple of seconds before quickly nodding and walking off.

"Come," Marcello says, wrapping an arm around my shoulder and leading me to the living room.

"How have you been?" I asked him in a soft voice, carefully observing his facial expression.

He looks at me and says, "I've been doing well. I've started smiling more, just like you said."

I softly smile, pleased to hear that he is doing well. "One day, those smiles will come naturally," I whisper.

He looks at me for a moment before nodding and looking straight ahead.

As we step into the living room, Marcello comes up from behind and places both of his hands on my shoulders, forcefully pushing me down onto the couch.

I look up at him with a perplexed expression, trying to make sense of his sudden action. "Marcello, I am perfectly capable of sitting down on my own," I say, feeling a mix of annoyance and confusion.

He stares at me, an emotionless expression on his face, "I knew that, I was just being kind and helping you sit down."

"Next time, don't be so aggressive," I mutter, rolling my eyes at him. He sits down beside me and nods.