41 | Somehow It Worked

IT'S MY BIRTHDAY WOOO

ATHENA RUSSO:

I rest my chin on my hand and watch Hades eat his dinner. Normally, he can be quite annoying, but he's ignoring me like a coward. Is getting married to me really that bad? It's not like I forced him to marry me.

But as I sit here, I can't help but notice that something seems off with him. Why has he been avoiding me like the plague? I tap my fingers on my chin as I try to piece together what could be the cause of this.

And then, like a bolt of lightning, it hits me, it's because of what I said to him before. I remember telling him that if we just kept our distance and ignored each other, things would be easier.

But I never thought he would take it so seriously.

Well, I won't take it back now. I absolutely can't let this beautiful peace go away. And then I'll take Elijah's advice and make him my servant.

I evilly chuckle as I imagine Hades doing everything I demand him to like a child.

I glance at Hades and see him looking at me with a confused look.

"What on earth are you planning?"

"Mind your business," I snap, giving him a deathly glare.

He rolls his eyes and continues eating.

Anyway, it's been a few days since I've been married to Hades. All he does is stay in that goddamn office of his.

I can't leave the manor because of the contract. I never thought I would be on house arrest for like two months but here I am. Stuck with a man who's effortlessly annoys me somehow.

I wrap my arms around myself, feeling cold. why on earth is it so cold in here? Whatever. It shouldn't bother me anyway. I try to act normally and not move so I can warm up.

Hades, speaks in a low, grumbling tone, "Eat your food."

Feeling disinterested, I respond with a grumble of my own, "I'm not hungry." Despite the delicious aroma wafting from the plate in front of me, my appetite seems to have vanished into thin air.

"Eat."

"No."

He takes a long deep breath and gives me a stern look. "You need to eat something, it's not up for debate."

With an exasperated sigh, I reluctantly pick up the fork and force myself to take a few bites of the food.

"Are you satisfied now?" I ask, hoping that my compliance will make him shut up now.

He gives me a nod and rises from his chair. He picks up his plate and mine with a gentle grip and carries them out of the dining room.

The sound of his footsteps slowly fades away as he makes his way to the kitchen, leaving me alone.