6 | Phase One

i know the chapters are short and I'm sorry about that i just don't want to add unnecessary things and make it boring but i promise when it starts getting to the good bit the chapters will get longer.

ATHENA RUSSO:

If I didn't want to be seen, I wouldn't. But right now, I am a mysterious woman in red wanting to be seen.

I'll let them see me.

I'll let them look at me, and wonder who I am. I'll let them speak about me, asking who I am. I'll let them. Then I will disappear into thin air and they will never see me for the rest of the night.

They will forever wonder who the woman in red was.

I need them to know I was here, I need them to ask around who I am. I need them to spread rumors about the woman in red.

Once I know everyone is starting to talk about me and suspicious and eerie I look, I discreetly exit the ballroom and go out into the garden. I know every inch of this place like the back of my hand.

Making my way to the circular gazebo in the garden, which has the perfect view of the moon and a beautiful lake. The moon and stars beautifully reflect on the lake.

Now that I've left, I can't go back. I just have to wait now.

Elijah definitely saw me and I saw a glimpse of recognition flash in his eyes. I didn't just see him, I saw Dante, Domenico, Ares, and Lorenzo.

I'm not sure where Marcello is, but based on the things I've heard of him lately, Lorenzo probably forbade him to come.

I stand in the center of the gazebo. It's not one of those modern ones, it's like one of those that you see in the movies. Where the princess and the prince admire the moon under the gazebo. Although I am not in a movie and I don't have a prince.

I take a few steps toward the handrail and look up at the moon. It's a full moon tonight.

Leaning against the pillar, I watch the moon. Phase One of my plan is nearly complete. I just need to wait.

I take my mask off since no one is around and sigh. I don't like waiting but I have to. I can't rush through things. It's too risky. I listen to the loud classical music from the ballroom as I stare up at the moon.

The wind hits my face and I close my eyes.

"The moon is beautiful, isn't it?" A deep dark voice says from behind me.

My eyes snap open.

What the hell?

Slowly turning around, I see a tall man in a black suit. With arched perfect eyebrows, he watches me with his dark green eyes, hands in his pockets as he leans against the pillar.

If I had one word to use how to describe him, it would be attractive. If had two it would be extremely attractive.

He has a sharp jawline, hollow cheeks, and raven hair. He has an alluring aura to him. I'm not sure why but it makes me tilt my head at him.