36 | Acting Weird

the fact you guys are like "see you next year" is actually killing me but making me want to write more 😭😭

DOMENICO RUSSO:

It's been a few days now since we've seen Athena and I've seen everyone in this household smiling more than usual.

Well, I haven't caught Marcello's smile and to be honest, I don't want to. I've pictured his smile a thousand times and each one of them is scary. I just can't see a nice smile on him, it just wouldn't suit him. But other than him, everyone is happy.

It's like Athena gone was a curse and the only cure was to get her back.

I plop a strawberry in my mouth and look around the kitchen. This mansion is very different and bigger than our old one. I'd do anything to move back to our old home.

Elijah enters the kitchen and sits down at the island, placing a bowl full of popcorn on it.

"You want some?"

I look at Elijah, suspiciously.

"It's sweet and salted," He tells me, showing the packet it came in.

I immediately stuff my mouth with the popcorn.

"So how have you been lately?" Elijah asks me, leaning back on the chair.

How have I been lately? I don't know how to answer that because I don't know how I've been.

"I mean... I haven't been feeling sad and I'm happier nowadays but everything feels like a dream," I tell him, feeling confused with life.

He nods, "Yeah, I get what you mean."

I continue eating the popcorn while stalking Emilia on Instagram. I haven't seen her since Camille's ball. She didn't come to Yavok's one and thank god she didn't. It was a total mess.

We've been texting a lot lately. She's been growing on me as well. I remember when I first met her, she was so sweet and so kind.

She still is.

I clench my jaw when I see her recent post on Instagram. Her at a party. She's hugging one of her friends then all of her friends in another picture. Except a guy is holding her waist.

I sigh and push the bowl of popcorn away. I turn my phone off and put it in my pocket.

Elijah looks up from his phone, "What's up?"

"Emilia," I mumble.

"The American's daughter? What about her?"

I shrug. "I don't know. We've been texting a lot but I feel like she only sees me as a friend now. Before she was giving me all these looks like she was in love with me."

He turns his phone off and puts it away. "Then communicate with her so you can figure out what's going on."

I nod. "Alright. I will."