15 | Proud

I should be posting this chapter tomorrow but I'm posting it now as a thank-you for 100k reads on this book!!

This chapter is not going to be the reunion you wanted. There will be a time when they properly reunite but it's not in this chapter. I'm sorry.

ATHENA RUSSO:

ATHENA RUSSO:

I never liked being the center of attention. In fact, I hated it. I remember I would do anything to put the spotlight on someone else.

But when you are a deadly unstoppable bloodthirsty assassin out of revenge, obviously attention is going to be on you so you don't have a choice either way.

As I walk toward Yavok, I lower my hood, revealing my identity.

I keep my eyes on Yavok as he stumbles back in shock and fear. Dr. Richards stands beside him, watching me with wide eyes.

Everyone is watching me, not daring to blink just in case they miss anything.

I stand in front of them, silent.

The ballroom is silent, no one dares to make a sound.

"Start bidding your goodbyes because your time is running out," I recite, slowly smiling at him.

Yavok gapes at me, his masterpiece, his creation. He thought he molded me into perfection and he did but I became even better. Even more skilled. Even more dangerous.

"It was you."

I nod, slowly reaching for my gun. I point my gun at Dr. Richards, keeping eye contact with Yavok. I turn the safety off, my finger on the trigger.

"You have a lot of enemies, Yavok but you should be scared of only one. Me." I softly whisper.

And just as I am about to pull the trigger on Dr. Richards a gunshot echoes around the ballroom.

I close my eyes as blood splatters onto my face and my cape, staining it red. I slowly open my eyes, breathing heavily.

Dr. Richards lies on the ground, dead.

I stare at the dead body, trying to control my anger. Slowly stepping to the side, I look up to see who the hell shot him when I was supposed to.

Hades.

He stands on the second floor, on the balcony, watching me as he smirks, proud that he stole my kill. It was like he was waiting all night for this moment. He turns around and walks away, away from my view.

"Athena my darling, stop this madness. Just come back with me, you don't need to—"

I glare at Yavok. "Shut up you disgusting pig," I snap.

I turn around and angrily walk to the double doors.

I'm going to kill him. Who the fuck does he think he is to be stealing my kill? I was supposed to kill him. Not him. He doesn't have the right. I do. I fucking do. I get the right to kill them all for what they did to me. Not him.