32 | Family Dinner

Right, I know I said I'll be taking a break AND I SWEAR I AM but since something very good happened to me, I've decided to give you another update before I really do take a proper break.

You may be wondering, oh what is this very good thing that has happened to me? Let me tell you.

I GOT FUCKING TICKETS TO THE ERAS TOUR. I'M GOING TO SEE TAYLOR SWIFT.

ELIJAH RUSSO:

ELIJAH RUSSO:

Silence fills the room as we all wait for Athena to come. Marcello told us she would come, so why is she an hour late?

Rocco, my fourteen-year-old cousin, speaks up, "Well this is boring, can we just eat?"

Lorenzo sends him a look and he sighs and leans back in his chair crossing his arm, mumbling something to himself.

"I'm sure she will be here, she's probably had to run an errand," I say, keeping my eyes on the door.

Marcello sighs. "No, it's very unlikely, she hasn't responded to my messages."

Leonardo, my sixteen-year-old cousin speaks up. "We've waited for an hour now and I'm starving," he complains, fixing his hair.

"Son," Dario says, "Have some patience. She will be here."

And so we all wait.

For another hour.

The little one's started to complain and then the older ones and then all of them. Now everyone is upset because Lorenzo won't let them eat until Athena comes here.

I tap my fingers on the edge of the dining table. They all may lose hope but I'm not.

Dom chuckles, "Remember when Dad wouldn't let us eat and made us wait because Athena wanted to finish reading her picture book?"

Dante smiles, "I remember that we never had dinner that night."

Ares frowns, "I don't remember that."

"You unconsciously blocked that traumatic memory away as a defensive mechanism," Marcello explains, glancing at his phone when he gets a notification.

Ares stares at Marcello for a moment and smiles and nods, "Thank god I did that, I don't know how I would live if I didn't."

I glance at Lorenzo who has his eyes trained on the floor and roll my eyes at him.

He's being dramatic.

So what if she's two hours late? At least everyone will eat all of their food. She's done everyone well.

Suddenly, Alessia, Alessio, and Bella all grab the forks and try to stab poor Nicolo and Carlo.