25 | The Fifth Ball

i've uploaded this at like 2 am but i've just finished editing this and it's kinda a short chapter but i wanted to get this chapter out for you guys asap!

ARES RUSSO:

Getting ready for the Russian ball was chaos.

There were death threats thrown out. The children had guns again and started aiming them at Francesco.

They don't want to go but it is a requirement to come.

I'm just all hoping Athena comes and kills Yavok before our brothers do.

And this drive. Oh my god. I hate it. The energy in the car is deadly and dark but is so awkward.

I awkwardly glance at Lorenzo, his fists are clenched.

I don't know why this anger has been bottled up. We could've used it a long time ago.

"So um, anyone want to bet what Athena could do tonight?" I ask, looking around.

"I bet she kills Yavok," Dom and Dante say at the same time.

"According to the data I've gathered, I'm seventy percent sure that she kills all of the Russians," Marcello says, scrolling through his phone as usual.

He's always on that goddamn phone. Who does he text on there? He doesn't have any friends. Not since he was five. Ever since then, he's been lonely.

Is it Athena he's texting?

I heard he has his number.

So not fair.

Elijah leans forward with a grin, "I bet she's going to torture Yavok too but in front of everyone."

Okay... I've never seen this side of Elijah before and I never want to again. It doesn't suit him.

"Lorenzo? What about you?"

"There are no limits to revenge and there are no limits to what she does too, so I have no idea what she's going to do tonight," he says, looking out the window.

Not exactly the answer I was expecting but whatever.

"Do you think Artemis is going to be at the ball tonight?" Dante asks me in a whisper.

"You've asked me that a million times now. Stop it," I mumble.

He told me all about what happened at the French ball when he got drunk.

He had the opportunity to fall in love and threw it away because of his drinking problems and thinking she deserves better.

What an idiot.

I swing my legs back and forth, bored.

I miss the old me. I was so cool and funny back then. I made everything so joyful and sweet. This stupid eating disorder is the problem.