22 | Power

hiii

ATHENA RUSSO:

ATHENA RUSSO:

"You've claimed your inheritance?" Artemis asks me as we walk through the streets of Paris.

Placing my hands in my pockets, I nod. "Yes, originally I was supposed to inherit it when I was eighteen but my grandfather wrote in the statement I can claim it whenever I want only if I am over eighteen," I tell her, cautiously looking around.

She stops walking when a man shouts, "You've got a nice ass!"

I turn around and see a group of old men, laughing at us, telling us we should come home with them.

Looking at Artemis for approval,  thankfully she nods.

I grin and walk towards them, the first one nearest to me, I punch them in the nose. For the second one, I knee him in between his legs causing him to hunch over and cry out in pain.

The others run away before I can kill them.

"Cowards," I mutter.

Turning around, I walk back, placing my hands back in my pocket. Artemis smiles and locks her arm around mine as we continue walking.

"So now you're a billionaire, you own all your grandfather's companies and businesses. Isn't that going to be stressful?" She asks, continuing our conversation from earlier.

I shake my head. "Nope. I'll be alright. I just need to gain more power and taking over everything my grandfather left to me is the cherry on top," I say, checking my phone.

"Oh! Look! The Eiffel Tower!" She says, pointing.

I look in the direction she's pointing at. The Eiffel Tower is in the distance, I would say we're not that far from it. 

"Apparently it lights up like a Christmas tree at midnight," I randomly say.

"I never knew that. What time is it?"

"Eleven fifty pm," I answer, looking back down at my phone.

"Can we—"

"Why would you ask such a stupid question? You know I'm only here for something."

"Well is that something more important than the Eiffel Tower?"

"Yes."

She sighs, "Fine."

I stop outside the specific building and take the key from my pocket. I unlock the big dark oak wooden door and push it open. I turn the lights on and take my trench coat off and hang it on the coat hanger beside me.

Artemis follows behind me, confused. "What are we here for?" She asks, curious.

"You'll see," I quietly say, shutting the door and locking it.