23 | Gift

i love you guys so much, i hope you have a great day ❤️

LORENZO RUSSO:

"She's claimed her inheritance," Uncle Mario informs me.

Uncle Dario rolls his eyes, "You act like a bad thing."

"Do you think she will give me some of the money if I kindly ask?" Uncle Francesco asks me.

I give him a blank stare before shaking my head, "What the hell is wrong with you? Your father left you five hundred million and you want more?"

"Well yes that's why I asked you so when I ask her it will be okay," he says, drinking his whiskey.

Uncle Mario frowns, "If Giovanni was here, he would've put you back in your place a long time ago."

Yeah, my father would have shut Francesco up but he also would've shut them all up.

Uncle Dario nods, "Yeah. He was the most mature one out of us all, that's why he took over and you didn't."

Now that I think of it, back then Athena reminded me of our mother, who was kind, beautiful, and independent.

Now she reminds me of our father, who was always in control and held a lot of power but it didn't get to him. He cared for us as a father should.

If Athena remembered them I think she would've been happier knowing she was loved when she was a child. That she was supposed to be happy before she was taken away from us.

I know growing up for her was hard, especially because of everything she went through.

I just can't wait to have her back home with us.

"Anyways, what do you think she will end up doing with all that money and business?"

I look up at Dario and shrug, "I don't know."

"I bet she's probably spending it all," Uncle Francesco says.

"No, she wouldn't do that," I say, scrunching my nose. I know my sister, she doesn't like spending money like it's nothing.

"Maybe she will give some of it to charity," Uncle Mario suggests, taking away Francesco's whiskey.

Dario smiles, "That would be nice of her." Francesco opens his mouth but Dario cuts him off, "Don't you dare say a thing about that unless it's something nice."

Francesco sighs, annoyed, "Nevermind then."

Elijah walks in, "Marcello has come back."

Immediately, I stand up and walk out of the room and go downstairs.

Marcello is standing in the foyer, hands in pockets with no blood on him.

That's weird.

He looks at me and smiles, "Hi Lorenzo."