28 | Secrets

is it just me that's just starting to hate everyone for no reason?

ATHENA RUSSO:

He nods and stands up. He looks down at me he smirks, "You look homeless."

I blink at him.

Within a second I hit his leg with the towel, "And you look like a cockroach!"

He laughs and walks to the door and opens it. He stares at me for a moment and says, "You look like a drowned rat."

I gape at him as he leaves the room and shuts the door behind him.

I want to grab the nearest thing to me and destroy but a book is the closest to me and I would never ruin a book.

I should punch a wall.

No.

Why am I letting him get to me?

I stand up and walk out of the room, I look both ways and see Hades is gone. I quickly walk to the bathroom and lock it.

I stand in front of the mirror and my cheeks are flushed, my hair is a mess and my clothes stick to my body.

I slap myself.

"You're so stupid. So fucking stupid," I mutter to my reflection. "Pull yourself together, you're better than this."

When my mind seems not to understand, I slap myself again but this time harder.

I stare at myself, waiting for my breathing to calm down, for my heart to stop beating rapidly, for my mind to stop thinking about how he held me and he looked afterward I tried to drown him.

None of that happens.

I start banging on my head as if it will knock some sense into me.

That doesn't work either.

Where is that annoying voice telling me to kill when I need it?

I sigh and take my dress off, I dry myself with the towel and put the clothes on.

Hold on.

I look like a little girl wearing oversized clothes. These sweatpants don't fit me at all and neither does the sweatshirt.

What fucking size is this? I take the sweatshirt off and look and the size.

Medium. This is a men's clothing brand.

I bring the sweatshirt closer to my face and smell it. It's got a men's cologne scent on it. It smells like rosewood.

Hm. It smells nice.

I put the sweatshirt back on and shrug. I roll up the waistband of the sweatpants so it doesn't fall.

Shit.