34 | Wedding Dress

AHHH 1989 TAYLORS VERSION IS COMING.

Anyways. How have you guys been???

 How have you guys been???

ATHENA RUSSO:

"I have no idea why you're inviting yourself into my home," I say to Hades. He's followed me here like some creep.

I get out of the elevator, walk into my penthouse, and immediately go to the kitchen. I open the fridge take strawberries, wash them, and put them in a bowl.

I turn around and Hades is intensely watching me.

Okay...

Did he forget about what I said to him earlier? God. I'm going to have to remind him, aren't I?

"First of all," I start but then get interrupted by Ivan who randomly walks in with a lady.

"Boss, sorry to disturb you but—"

"It's fine, Ivan," I say, not looking away from Hades, who is keeping an expressionless face on, looking at me bored. "I'll see the wedding dresses now."

I walk into the living room and see a bunch of wedding dresses and a few more women.

They all look at each other when they see Hades. "Why is the fiancé here?" I hear one of them whisper.

Oh right. Normally my bridesmaids and mother would be here. It must be unusual to have the fiancé here.

I turn around and nearly bump into Hades. Why is he standing so close to me? I look up at him, annoyed for being too close to me. "You need to go," I tell him.

He looks around and then nods, "Okay. Come to me once you're done."

I'm about to say something but I stand there, watching him walk down the hallway. That... isn't what I meant. I shake my head and turn around.

"Alright, we can start now."

✮ ✮ ✮

"So where's your mother?" One of the ladies asks, zipping up my dress.

I stand in front of the mirror and look at the dress. "She passed away when I was a child," I answer, my voice calm and strong.

I know she was sweet and kind and beautiful. But I've never heard stories about her. No one talks about her or my father. Their death is only brought up instead.

My father won't walk me down the aisle. My mother isn't here to help me choose my dress. They're not here at all. They haven't been here for years.

So why am I starting to think about what would be happening with them here now? Why do I want them to be here with me now?

Pushing my selfish thoughts away, I turn around and I'm met with faces filled with pity. "I'm so sorry to hear that, dear. I'm sure they are watching you from above, happy for you," One of the ladies says.