29 | One Year Ago

ONE YEAR AGO

ONE YEAR AGO

ATHENA RUSSO:

I can't.

I can't get up.

I can't move.

"I said get up!"

My tears have a mind of their own as they flow down my cheeks. My body feels paralyzed. I don't know what they put in me. It was some sort of a drug they gave me. It hurts. It burns deep within my body.

"Get up Athena. Show them the monster you are!"

Listen to him. Show them how much of a monster you are. Stop holding back you crybaby, you know you want to do this.

Somehow, I slowly get back on my feet. I look at the group of men, laughing at me, pointing their fingers at me.

I glance at Yavok and he seems annoyed with me.

He comes over to me and whispers in my ear, "Kill them. Kill them. Kill. Them."

Kill. I'd never heard that word this many times until I was kidnapped. It's drilled into my brain now. It's who I am. I'm a killer. A monster. A dangerous human.

Kill.

Kill.

Kill.

A dark twisted smile forms on my face. I take a step forward, the men looking confused but continue to laugh nevertheless. I take another, already have a plan in my head. They stop laughing and look at me, judging me with their eyes.

Kill. Kill. Kill.

"Just give up already!" One of them shouts.

Another one of them laughs, "Yeah we're men and you're just a little girl who doesn't know what she's doing."

"Yavok replace her!"

I take another step.

Kill. Kill. Kill. Kill. Kill. Kill.

I grab a knife from the floor and throw it into the light above us. The light flickers with a crackle. My smile instantly drops before the light turns off.

Darkness fills the room as I hear them start running out of the room.

"Make sure you kill them all," Yavok says from behind me.

I nod and start moving.

Within a minute, two of them are dead.

I hide behind a wall, kicking the dead body in the middle of the hallway.

"Fuck what are we gonna do?" One of them says, nearby.

"I don't know man but I think we underestimated the girl."