42 | Can't sleep?

:)

ATHENA RUSSO:

ATHENA RUSSO:

"Five hundred and one, five hundred and two, five hundred and three—" I stop counting and open my eyes.

Have I got this whole counting thing wrong? I thought it was supposed to help you to sleep. What a waste of my time.

It's been a few days now and my fever has passed, thankfully but because of the exhaustion that came along with it my sleep schedule is ruined.

I slowly rise from my bed, trying not to disturb the silence of the night. I carefully make my way towards the light switch and with a gentle flick of my wrist, the room is illuminated by the warm glow of the light.

Squinting my eyes at the sudden brightness, I make my way towards the bathroom, taking small steps to avoid any obstacles in the dark.

As I enter the bathroom, I lean towards the sink, turn the faucet on, and let the warm water wash over my face. With a soft towel, I gently pat my face dry.

As I stand before the mirror, I gaze at my reflection and start tying my hair in a neat ponytail. I let out a deep sigh and ran my fingers down the smooth fabric of my nightgown, feeling its softness against my skin.

I step out of the bathroom, put on my cardigan and slippers, and leave my room. I walk down the hallway quietly, clutching my cardigan around me. I make my way downstairs and sit on the couch in the living room.

What do I do now? I can't take a walk. It's too cold to take a walk now that the season is shifting to winter.

"Athena?"

I look over my shoulder and see Hades standing at the entrance of the living room, looking at me with confusion.

"Oh hey."

He glances at the watch on his wrist, "It's three in the morning, why are you not sleeping?"

I raise an eyebrow, "I could ask you the same thing."

He narrows his eyes at me before walking over to the couch and sitting beside me. "Answer my question first and then I'll answer yours."

"Can't sleep," I mumble, "And you?"

"I had to finish some paperwork," he grumbles.

He places his hand on my forehead. "How have you been feeling lately?"

"I've been feeling better," I answer, "I think the fever is gone now."

He nods, pleased. "Good. By the way, are your brothers coming to visit you soon?" he asks, looking at me.

I shrug, "I don't know."

"You don't talk to them? I thought you were close with each other."

I smile and fiddle with my hands, "Yeah we are but I guess the whole getting kidnapped for five years distanced us a bit."