19 | Regret

DANTE RUSSO:

DANTE RUSSO:

"You need a date or else you can't go," Elijah tells me as he reads his book.

I cross my arms, "I know that but who did you bring?" Please don't say your therapist.

"Isabella."

And there we go. His therapist is his date.

"Elijah you need to stop whatever is going on with your therapist," Domenico says, his tone holding disgust in it.

"No thanks. I'd rather not."

Ares speaks up. "Anyways how do you feel knowing I was right, Elijah?" He says, grinning.

Elijah slaps the back of Ares's head with his book. "Stop bringing it up," he snaps.

Ares rolls his eyes at him. "You're just mad because I was right," he mumbles, rubbing the back of his head.

"For once," Dom adds.

"Statistically, Athena should be at the ball tonight," Marcello randomly says.

We all turn to look at him.

"What?"

I shake my head at him, "She's obviously going to be at the ball."

"Yeah, I don't get why we can't just like I don't know take her back," Ares complains, frowning.

"Because she is her own person, she will come back when she is ready," Elijah says for the hundredth time then he looks at me. "You need to find a date. The ball is within five hours, if you can't find you're not coming," Elijah sternly tells me.

"But Marcello hasn't got a date and he's coming."

"Yeah cause Camille made him an exception. Have you seen him? He's a robot," Dom scoffs.

"Actually no I am not. A robot is a machine resembling a human being and can replicate certain human movements and functions automatically. However I am not, I have a heart, organs, and a brain, a robot does not have that," Marcello states as he scrolls through his phone, not looking up once.

We all stare at him in silence.

"What the fuck," I whisper.

The door opens and one of the guards stands in the doorway.

"Sorry to bother but Artemis is here for you Dante."

✮ ✮ ✮

"I said no, Artemis."

She frowns, "You have to bring a date to go to the ball, Dante. We can go together, just as friends."

Standing in front of the mirror, I run a hand through my dark brown hair. Artemis stands behind me, watching me in the mirror.