3 | Old Man

guys Athena's brothers haven't stopped looking for her and she will reunite with them!!

ARES RUSSO:

He's old. Like really old. I mean I knew this day would eventually come but I never thought it would be this soon.

"Why are you staring at me?" Lorenzo snaps, glaring at me with a clenched jaw.

I squint my eyes at his hair. How doesn't he have any grey hair? What the hell—

"Get the fuck out if you're just going to ignore me."

Rolling my eyes, I say, "Calm down old man, I was just wondering when you were going to shave that beard of yours off."

He shakes his head at me, "Go away. You're annoying me."

My shoulders slump. "But I'm bored."

"Sitting around like a lemon isn't going to bring Athena back. So get your shit together and do something useful."

He's right.

Sighing, I stand up and leave his office. I come face to face with Elijah.

"Lorenzo is just being an asshole again," I quietly explain when I see his confused expression.

He huffs, "I'll speak to him. You go eat something, okay?"

Nodding, I walk away from him and go to my room.

I hate how they don't care about me but they do when I'm not eating. I hate it.

I enter my room and look around. My new room is bigger and better but this place still doesn't feel like home.

Shutting my door behind me, I take my hoodie off and lay down in my bed. I close my eyes and sigh.

Athena. Athena. Athena.

For five years she's been gone.

No one has forgotten her. I mean we couldn't anyway, she's left such a big impact on us that we are all losing ourselves.

Dom has an on-and-off relationship with his drugs. Dante is practically the same with his alcohol. Marcello is just crazy. Like super duper crazy but not like the hot crazy that girls like, it's scary crazy. Elijah has slightly gotten better, I only say that because he couldn't get out of bed without crying but now he does. He just cries at night. And... Lorenzo.

He's just become an old man.

I don't know why we can't find her, wherever Yavok hid her, he hid her really well.

Does she think about me? Does she think about us? Does she think that we are going to save her? No, that's stupid. It's been five years. She must have lost hope. I don't blame her. I would too.