8 | I Was Her First Kiss

ATHENA RUSSO:

ATHENA RUSSO:

"So why did I have to do that?" Noah asks me, grunting.

"Because I told you too," I say, casually walking to the car.

"Are you some crazy revenge-killing assassin or something?"

"Or something."

Noah halts, looking at me with wide eyes. "Athena. Please tell me you're lying."

I shrug, "I would but I'm not a dishonest person."

Unlocking the car, I get in the driver's seat and turn the car on. I look out the window seeing Noah standing frozen in shock.

What the hell is wrong with him? I roll the window down. "Noah get in the car," I say with a bored tone.

"But you just said... You're a killer."

I raise my eyebrows, "It's not like you're any better."

"Oh yeah. I forgot that I was a sniper. Okay, I don't care anymore."

He gets in the passenger seat, sighing. I stare at him, he looks at me and sighs again.

"What?"

He opens his mouth but then sighs again.

"What is it?"

He looks out the window and then back at me and then the floor and sighs.

"Noah," I warn, glaring at him.

"Okay! I care! I thought you were a street racer with awesome reflexes. I thought I was the cooler one. But you drop this bombshell on me and expect me not to care?!"

I shake my head and start driving. "Firstly, you never asked what I do. Second of all, you were never cool. Thirdly, you said that you don't care," I say smoothly.

Noah gapes at me. "How many chapters did I miss of my fucking life?!" He exclaims.

I shrug, "You should get that checked out."

"Shut up! Take me home. I need to see my babies."

"I am not taking you home."

"Thank you— Wait what?!"

He's such an idiot. He hasn't even noticed that there is someone in the backseat.

I look in the rearview mirror and I give her a nod and she immediately wraps the cloth around Noah's mouth and he inhales it. His eyes close and he slumps in the chair.

"God, he's annoying. Where did you even meet him," Artemis asks annoyed, rubbing her temples and I can only assume she's got a headache from him.

"It's a long story," I reply, speeding up a little.

"Can we just kick him out of the car? I want to sit at the front—"

"How was London?"

She sighs, "Rainy. Cold. Depressing. The weather there is bipolar. One minute it's sunny, the next there's a full-on rainstorm."