26 | Mic Drop

I'll be updating the next chapter very soon. this one is kinda rushed, sorry.

ATHENA RUSSO:

ATHENA RUSSO:

"Step away from my brother, Yavok."

I don't move at all, waiting for him to move.

Yavok takes a very very small step back which makes me wonder, how the hell have I kept him alive for so long?

Without hesitating, I walk over to them. My heels loudly click against the marble floor as I keep eye contact with Yavok. I take Ares's spot, keeping him behind me, not allowing him to get injured.

The gun is now pointed at me as I stare at Yavok, not once breaking eye contact.

I tilt my head at Yavok as I watch him in amusement as horror drains all the blood from his face.

Yavok gulps as I snatch the gun out of his hand and throw it onto the floor. The gun slides across the marble shiny floor, and I feel the tension in the room ease a little.

Yavok looks at his men and motions for them to come and take me.

His men slowly come forward and reach for their guns then point them at me.

"Take her!" Yavok orders, taking multiple steps away from me, frightened of me.

I hold my hand up, and the men lower their guns and step back. "They don't work for you anymore, they work for me."

Yavok looks at his men and then back at med and starts laughing but we all hear the uncertainty in his horrible laugh.

"My men? Work for you? That's funny but not possible."

I take a step forward, "The past few weeks I've been busy. Busy changing your men's minds. Their loyalties don't lie with you anymore, they lie with me."

I pause and look at his pocket. His phone is in his pocket. His phone dings and I look back up at Yavok.

"You might want to check that," I say, watching him in boredom.

I look around the room and notice a big throne. I just know he was sitting on that, feeling powerful.

My eyes connect with Hades and he looks amused.

He looks... Good. More than good. Normally he looks the same every time I see him but he does now but I can't tell what has changed.

His sharp nose, chiseled jawline, black hair, and dark green eyes haven't changed.

Yeah, he looks pretty normal to me.

And he has to stop looking at me like that.

That is not normal.

Hades shakes his in disbelief, smiling at me.

Yeah, I can't look at him anymore. He's creeping me out. He's probably drunk or high. I don't know.