Chapter 13 Pain pain go away

Flashback

If I can manage to get them on my side by making a scene in front of the high priestess and saying that we shouldn't be able to do this and take no part in this will give me enough trust I could get from the woman at the temple. But first I have to get rid of the high priestess that Osiris put his trust in.

I kept staring down her when all of a sudden she yelled that surprised everyone in the garden.
"Guards put her on her knees now!!"
As I were suddenly grabbed from behind by two big men by my arms and they put me on my knees, I look back at her and said "
Go ahead punish me do whatever you want you only doing this because Osiris is not here.
"Little one I am not afraid of the Gods as anything I'm going to put you in your place so that way no one will question me again."
"Go on then what are you waiting for?" Guards do you have your whips."
"Yes Madam we do."
"Good I will want you to whip her five times."
"What is the crime for such a punishment for the lady we are holding here?"
"For disobeying The High Priestess and for disobeying the order of a god Osiris God of creation."
All women started shouting saying that it was unfair and unjustified that although I was young five lashes from a whip seem too harsh of punishment.

She then turned around with anger in her eyes and she yelled out a fearing demanding voice to the all the others.
"Silence all of you, y/n will be made an example if anyone is to disobey me again do I make myself clear?"
Everyone looked back at her with fear in their eyes as they would not dare say another word.
But Layla on the other hand she went forward pushing everyone aside and stood in front of the high priestess face to say
"No they are right this is far more cruel than anyone should have suffered you're only doing this because Osiris shows favoring you telling us what to do does not mean you have power over us.
Suddenly Layla was also grabbed by a man too as he put her hands behind her back she cried out in pain as the guard twists her hands to keep her from moving towards y/n trying to help her.
The high priestess didn't like where this was going nothing is going her way however she had am idea in her head.
"Layla you have been friends with y/n from the moment she came here so I will give you a choice you can either stay here and share the punishment with her or you can stand by and watch as she is an example to all of you that this is what happens when you don't know your place." Layla looked terrified and Confused whether or not to help her or not but she knew of one thing that Iris would not take kindly for this however Layla couldn't say anything because she was a slave as same as the others although they were under protection of the goddess they still were slaves to the Gods.
Layla as a slave had little power then the high priestess as she was the voice from the goddess of magic so Layla Cried Out tears pleading to The High Priestess,
"Please please forgive her she didn't mean anything by it she was only curious as we all were no matter how harsh or how far her ignorance was five lashes underneath the whip is far too cruel so please turn a blind eye as we will and we'll do as you say."
The High Priestess look down at her as Layla was still on her knees begging for her to show mercy on me she merely smirked and been down to her level, grabbed her by the chin and smiled at Layla
"You still didn't make a choice share the punishment with her or watch what is your choice child?"
Suddenly Y/N shouted at Layla
"Layla don't say nothing to her anymore she won't listen she has too much pride and ego she thinks she's untouchable only because Osiris trusts her with his precious Garden which I have no problem with however you really are stupid high priestess I will not ask anymore questions but I will accept the punishment only if you spare my friend Layla and have her treat my wounds after my punishment.
"Very well A very wise decision you have made and such a noble sacrifice you have made for your friend a foolish sacrifice but I admire you for your bravery now prepare yourself guards you know what to do." As the high Priestess started walking away from me while smiling because she knew of how much pain you will be in from five lashes the guards were very harsh and would not show Mercy towards you.
Layla as she was let go from the guard she was still on her knees crying, crawling towards you, pleading you to please stop this madness however you merely looked at her and told her this
"Layla you are my friend you have sacrificed so much just so you can be safe I understand that so please let me do this for you. I'll be all right trust me five lashes is nothing compared to the pain I have felt in my world trust me I know." As you were picked up from your knees they took you back to the temple as Layla ran behind you to keep up the you had reached the temple the guards have wrap your arms around the pillar and tied your hands with rope while the other guard ripped open the back of your dress he then took a step back as one of the guards had a long whip and he began to count out the lashes as the whip make contact to your skin.
As the guard continued to hit you with the whip one by one each lash has splattered your blood onto the sand however you're still being tied by the pillar but you didn't scream out nor cry you didn't plead for mercy. The guard had to continue to count out lashes by the last one your back was very red bleeding and you passed out Layla came running towards you as she picked you up from the ground

 The guard had to continue to count out lashes by the last one your back was very red bleeding and you passed out Layla came running towards you as she picked you up from the ground

"Now which god will save you now y/n? Know your place slave."
As the high priestess came towards me as Layla was trying to collect me from passing out but it was too late as I slowly drifted to darkness.
"Y/N!!!"