chapter 35 things happened for a reason

We waited for a while for Seth and his son Anubis for them both to come back and I realized it was getting late already but I wanted to at least say goodbye to them.

But we already getting everything almost ready and done with.
People were using animals and chariots to get around on land, some things like weapons, clothes, and some other things as well.

Nephthys and Sekhmet were speaking to each other for a long time and it looked like Nephthys kept arguing with Sekhmet for some reason.

I couldn't get why since they were away from me so I didn't get the chance to hear anything from them but from what they were speaking they were not getting along but hey who would when you're dealing with Sekhmet?

Sekhmet started to walk her way toward me with an evil grin on her face as always while her hands were on her hips.
I stood up there to see what she wanted now from me again but to my complete surprise, she pulled me closer to her while everyone else was too busy to notice us.

"My dear you will be traveling with Nephthys on foot while I will be going on ahead so that way we'll be safe for tonight when we set up for camp."

"Why are you going on ahead when you could send the men to do for you ?"

She laughed off as she was playing with my hair with her fingertips since I was very close to her.

"I love how cute you are. I'm guessing you're more worried about me than my sweet Y/n."

"I'm not worried about you since I don't know what it is you're trying to do.
I thought it was up to me to decide if I needed your help or not."

I said to her while I was staring at her.
I'm getting very annoyed by her sudden weird behavior.

"Why did you lie to me ?"

I asked her while she smiled at me with an evil look in her eyes.

"My dear friend Y/n I'm doing this for your good trust me."

She told me once again asking me to put trust in her but really how could I if I didn't know

"Well, that's the problem I have with you is trust but you always do something else."

"Let's just say I'm preparing you for the worst of what's to come and you'll need it."

She told me while I tried to push her away from me but she wouldn't let me go until Nephthys came back to Sekhmet.

"Sekhmet please let her go. You have to go and tell Ra that we are leaving already."

She laughed once again while still holding me in her arms but let go eventually by shoving me towards Nephthys who almost fell over because of me.

As Sekhmet walked away from us I thought that it would be the chance to talk to Nephthys about her training me when we got to the place.

"My goodness she came be a handful would you agree my goddess?"

She laughed at my question in a mocking voice while looking at me with a disgusting look on her face.

"Yes, I also know someone else who is very much alike as well.

I know I'm going to be teaching you but you should know your place Y/n."

I don't know what she meant by that but I did not like where this was going but why not?
I'm going ahead to ask her what she meant.

"What do you mean by learning my place? Are you saying I'm not a very good listener or are you saying I'm dumb?"

Nephthys made a disgusting look at me as soon I told her that to her face and let me tell you it was so funny as hell.
I mean she's not going to like any time soon but you know she shouldn't be so rude either it kind of reminds me of Seth when I first met him.