chapter 36 pain in the body, mind and soul

"Wrong again Y/n! You have to focus with your mind to control your true powers once and for all."

Maat yelled at me once again with her words filling up in my head as she once again explained to me how my powers would only get stronger if I gave into my powers and regained control of them.

Maat goes on about how I'm not reaching my true powers or how I'm holding back from avoiding losing control of myself and to completely honest she was right.

"Y/n I don't understand why you're holding back so I'm going to do something you wouldn't like to do "

She said to me while writing down on her page of some kind of paper 📜 I don't know what she writes down but I'm guessing she's keeping track of my training so she could report back to Ra the Sun God.

(Five days riding around in the desert making sure we would all arrive make to the temple of Isis while Sekhmet had made her way to clear the road for us.
It was a very nice thought of her making sure that no foreigners or thieves would try to steal from us while on the road.

But on the fifth night we made it to the temple, the next day in the morning my lessons began starting with Sekhmet teaching me how to fight with my hands and legs.

But let me just say it was not fun of how she's kept throwing me down on my back and throwing me across the ground from her shoulders it fucking hurts so much.

I think I saw Nephthys laughing once or twice at me while she was observing my fighting skills, I swear I'm going to kick her ass if she comes down here near me.

Sekhmet started speaking to me to bring my attention back to her with her lessons.

"The main goal of you defending yourself physically is to show you how to hold back your power just enough to not kill your opponent but to knock them out.

"Now I don't know how you defend yourself in your other world but here men won't hesitate to take advantage of a woman such as yourself.
You could also use their force against them which it let it allow you to win." 

Sekhmet told me as she was walking around me in a circle in the arena where we were training.

I'm perfectly sure I know what she meant by that but given my past I don't have much fighting skills.

To be honest I'm just lucky to be alive by this rate given the fact I had to deal with the crazy devil-obsessing priestess and that crazy-ass cabbage head of Osiris but otherwise, I'm just glad I'm alive.

Sekhmet had me in a headlock from behind me as she began to choke me very slowly.

"Man or woman will not hesitate to kill you which means you will also not hesitate to show me that you want to live," Sekhmet said as she continued to choke me very tightly and fast.

My eyes were getting watery as it was very hard to breathe so quickly I decided to take action fast.

On the side where Sekhmet was choking me, I took a step with a foot back behind her foot to lock in her leg.
I don't arch my back backward instead, keep my back curved forward.
I lean back, as I render myself defenseless with no balance.
I made sure to step out to the side, but back, behind her foot so my legs were calf-to-calf.

Turn out and throw her down as I climb on top of her to punch the shit out of her but she grabbed my fist before I could hit her she laughed at me.

"I'm very impressed with how you changed tactics of your defense however it takes a lot more than simply defending yourself by hand.
Next time we meet I'll teach you how to defend yourself with a weapon of your choosing of course."