Chapter 17 the evil b****

Five days later
A

s the days went by flowers begin to decay no matter who would try to save the flowers the damage has been done High Priestess began to be impatient and instructed the guards to summon all the temple workers in the middle of the night to ask questions herself however what she didn't know that y/n's friend send a letter to Iris of telling her everything and what was going on in the temple hopefully it would not been too late

(Somewhere in Egypt)
Iris
was doing paperwork with Osiris by her side he came to back to her when he was done finishing his duties. They had also received word from their brother that soon he will be there to join them as soon as he was done in the south. Hearing the words of together again Iris had thought that she would finally go back home with her beloved husband and loving brother seth with Seth's wife would be waiting for them and open arms and they would once again be a family.
When the servers came by to give her more paperwork iris wanted more than anything to be done with this paperwork however when she looked back at the servant girl she was shaking in fear.
Iris had asked what was wrong with her then the young lady turned her head to Iris to tell her,
"My goddess there has been a terrible punishment from the temple and there is a letter for you."
"How harsh is a punishment? some slaves need to know their place."
"It's not that but my goddess it is the girl that you saved from the river."
Iris's eyes were wide looking back at that girl  she's said those words that only anger  Osiris from where he was  sitting there with his wife.

"The High Priestess of Iris had
curly punished y/n just for asking her questions about why they were there in the garden if the king Osiris had left the garden in the high priestess's care that's way she punished her for it."
Osiris had looked back at Iris who was confused and angry,
before he could ask questions towards the servant girl Iris immediately rushed up from her seat and walked over to the servant girl looking straight directly into her eye asking her what had happened.
The servant girl had explained as much as she from the rumors she heard "
The High Priestess took the other temple worshipers to the Forbidden Garden of Osiris and the instructed to all of them to take care of before he came back after he was done from performing his duties."
Osiris eyes went bug-eyed as he heard these words.
"High Priestess also told the others that it was Osiris that wanted them to take care of it including her but because of Y/n didn't believe her so y/n had said they should be doing the work of Iris goddess of magic instead of Osiris  god creation of life but this only made the High Priestess very anger y/n  was asking all these questions, making the others were confused as well." Then the second girl went down on her knees as she was about to finish the rest of the story.
"So High Priestess thought that she would take y/n and make an example of her by whipping her on a pillar in front of the others."
Iris was crying out tears from her eyes as she heard that her only friend was being mistreated by the one person who she entrusted to keep the other safe in the temple.
Never did she thought in a million years that her own people would turn against her but the question still remain in Iris's head why is she trying so hard to please my husband? Was there more to the story could have been something else? But Iris was too much worried about you and continue to ask questions.
"What about the message? You said that there was a message delivered here."
Then she had pulled out a small letter giving to the goddess in her hand The Letter came from Layla y/n's friend.

"My goddess Iris hear me now Hear My Cry for Help I am begging you to please rush over here and demand Justice for y/n as the high priestess ignored her.
The High Priestess was also going to punish me but my friend has stepped in and told her that she would take all the punishment but not to harm the others or me she agreed then the high priestess ordered the guards to take her away and whip her like if she was an animal my dear friend was  unconscious after they were done they dragged her from the pillar through the Halls showing her as an example if those had tried going against the high priestess. Please goddess help us."

As Iris was beginning to finish reading the letter then her eyes begin to watering up so then Osiris had took the letter from her hands gently and read what she had said.
He became enraged as with the high princess made the others do his bidding when he had instructed her to do it no one else.
The reason why he had trusted her was because she was the only human he would allow to enter in the garden because she knew what it felt like to lose a loved one and he believed if he gave her life purpose and meaningful then perhaps she would continue to pray to his wife which is why he introduced her to Iris but seeing as this letter he begin to have second thoughts but the only problem was that  she knew his secrets.
(so you have no choice but to kill a woman Osiris.) He spoke to himself in his head in third person.
(What am I supposed to know no I have to go back to save the damage of my beloved flowers however y / n had begin to question the authority towards the high priestess I only hope to see this myself perhaps I'll be entertained.)

Iris was done crying her eyes out on Osiris's shoulder to say "Husband my love my duties here are not finished but you are, so I asked of you to please seek out of these rumors are true and if so past judgment on the high priestess,
see how my friends and my beloved Traveler is doing because if she is harmed in any way I want you to kill the high priestess with no mercy
no one will touch my family and live to survive do this for me will you my love Osiris looked back at her and smiled of course anything for you he let go of those Iris as he gave her a kiss on her forehead gently begin to walk out in a hurry with anger and rage in his eyes as walking away from he was hurrying outside where his Chariot was waiting for him to begin his way to the temple.