Chapter 30 May you live forever with me for eternity

"I'm so happy that you're helping out with Osiris. I had noice that he was very upset when he heard about his beautiful garden"

Iris said to you as you were both walking in the back of the temple to where He would be waiting for you and his wife.

As the goddess kept taking on about how she was getting excited to see her husband you couldn't help but felt a bit queasy feeling in your stomach as you getting closer to Osiris but deep down you knew that he was planning something else for Seth and you.

"My Queen, could I ask you a question ? Something doesn't set right for me and I'm worried about it."

"Of course Y/n tell me what's on your mind ?" She said to you as her voice was filled with worry.

"Do you ever feel that Osiris could be hiding something from you ?" You said to her as you were trying to test the goddess to see how far is she welling to go when it comes to her husband.

"What an odd thing to say. But I must say we don't hide anything from each other because we trust each other very much. Why would you ask me that?"

Both of you were walking on the path to the garden as you still were walking with her "It's because I have a feeling that the high priestess could've been murdered."

Iris had stopped walking along with you as you continued walking from her but you stopped in your trucks to notice that she wasn't moving from where she was standing with the look of Terror on her face face and her eyes filled with fear.

"Iris are you all right was it something I said just now ?"

You had asked her but she gave no response so you quickly walk to her grabbing her by her arms to make her notice that you were there.

"Iris can you please listen to me I said was it something to you ?!"

She was on shocked from your yelling at her and she quickly grabbed your face to bring it closer to hers as she was looking directly at you.

"What makes you think that Osiris had something to do with her death ?"
She said with anger in her voice as she asked you the question.

"I don't mean to be one with gossip but some of the servants said that the last one who saw the high priestess was your husband Osiris and it got me thinking of how she died I for one know that she would do anything to get his attention but committing suicide would not be on her mind especially with him."
Iris pushed you away from as she yelled to you in a fearful voice to make you obey her as she said to you "On your knees now Y/n!"
You were on your knees the next second she said that to you.

"Are you saying questioning his loyalty towards me?"She said to you.
Your head was only at looking at the ground as she was getting piss off at you but you wanted some answers so you continue on speaking to her.

"No my goddess, I don't mean to impose and I don't mean it in any way to offend you but it does not make any sense."
You were going on thin ice as you kept asking questions to her but you wanted to know if she knew something about the high priestess's death.

"I understand that you have compassion towards that vile woman but she killed your friend, harmed you in any other way and completely publicly humiliated you in front of everyone here. She even left you scars on your back in a way you could never be with anyone.
And you still have sympathy towards someone like that."
You knew she was speaking the truth to you but you need information from her

"My goddess, I'm just saying that there are some red flags that are concerning to the temple and if someone is trying to frame or put the blame on your husband shouldn't you at least ask him of what they were talking about."