chapter 14 night time ninja

The guards had untied you from the pillar to dragged you back to your room with Layla behind you as she tried to help you before from the ground when you were still being tied to the pillar but they pushed her off you to untie you themselves. The high Priestess saw from a distance and smiled at herself as she felt she had one of small victory towards you
"Now that you know your place no one will stand in my way or my beloved Osiris. May he grant me a favor."
As you were being dragged through the Halls of the Temple Layla had medicine herbs and wrappings for your back still crying, around the corner to heal you.
Seth's son Anubis saw what happened to you covered his mouth and was silently crying for you wondering why did this happen to you? He then ran back to his room thinking to himself.
( Why would the High priestess do that to you Y/n? Don't worry I'll tell my mother she'll help you I promise you just wait for me.)
As the guards left you and Layla in your room she then began to heal you as she carefully clean the wounds on your back applying the medicine and wrap around with the wraps me hissed in pain.
The pain made me wake up right away
Layla right away had stopped what she was doing and look directly at me
"Oh my. Gods you're alive. What were you thinking you could have gone yourself killed even if the high priestess get punish you very harshly no one was questioned her all her favors will be ruled to her No god will pass judgment on her for no reason you must be more careful then that we are just slaves you are favored by some gods no one will have a trial you have to be more careful than that."
"Layla I know that I did that on purpose."
"What in the right mind would you do that because the high priestess?"
"What she is doing has nothing to do with Iris and you need a cause and a reason for us to stand against her now there's only me and you if we can get some of the others on our side enough we could have a trial."
even if we did that we still need more of a reason then just her punishing you very harshly enough to put her on trial."
"True, that's why I have a second part of my plan and I'm going to ask you for your help Layla."
"Oh really and do pray tell me how are you going to get her into trouble so easy?"
"The Forbidden Garden"
"What about it?"
"Osiris is very keen on anyone touching those flowers so I noticed from the beginning you said that there was some kind of liquid that could kill the plants, back where I'm from in my world if you mix sugar and vinegar together that would be enough to kill not only the flowers but the entire flower garden."
"This is a crazy idea you have Osiris will know if it was us."

"True but like you said there's so many of us and the one who he put to charge was the high priestess so if anyone is to blame it'll be her."

"You want to kill the entire Garden and blame it on the high priestess?"

"yes that's a very cruel idea but I have came up but do you see my point?
if she punished me like this I can only imagine how she will punish the rest of us."

"But even so like you said how are we going to get enough vinegar and sugar to kill the entire Garden?"

"Those big clay pots the ones we always pull from the river we can mix the vinegar and the sugar together with the liquid you said that Osiris had made

"Those big clay pots the ones we always pull from the river we can mix the vinegar and the sugar together with the liquid you said that Osiris had made. Mix that together well enough we can be able to know that nobody will smell it it'll be smallest."
"Are you insane do you have any idea what would happen to us? they'll kill us if they find out we do this?"
"You're not listening we can mix the sugar and vinegar together along with the weed killer if you mix it well enough nobody will know."
"You're insane this is insane we'll get caught and we could die."
"Not if we do it at night think about it all the people will asleep the gods will be too busy the only ones that are not here are Seth Osiris and Iris.
Anubis is the only one here but he hardly comes out he only comes out when he sees me you know this."
Yes that is true but do you have any idea if Anubis tell his father?"
That's why we have to do it in the dead of night where nobody will be in the garden and the only one who will have access there will be the high priestess. 2 weeks Later the entire flowers will die and did you know a few nights ago she was singing to herself saying that Osiris loved her more than his wife."
Layla turned her face into completely different as if she saw something filthy and disgusting.
"Completely foolish of her it's a wishful thinking there's no way that he would betray his wife."
"I know and you have any idea of what Iris what do to her.
So we have to do this."
"You can hardly walk."
As Layla is still worried about me she's truly a friend.
"Don't worry I have enough strength to do it."

Layla had rolled her eyes at you then made her back to room but with back still towards for me see Layla had said
"Fine then I'll help you but it probably take 2 weeks for it the flowers die."
"That's okay from what I have read in my world it takes about two or three weeks for the flowers to die but since we're going to be using the water for the flowers it'll probably take a lot sooner than that."
"So how are we going to get the sugar?"
"That's easy there's multiple sugar in the kitchen some in storage remember."
"Okay this is going to be a lot harder than I thought." Then Layla leaves to her room to get some rest for the plan we came up for the night.
"I know but trust me we can do this."
Later on that night Layla and I made our way down the Hall at night sneaking past the guards. We're going down the path that the high priestess showed us.
We had went to the kitchen so get the sugar and the vinegar
so we put them in a bag to carry them the garden.
Then Anubis came out of nowhere standing there in front of us crying out with puffy eyes with his head down but then slowly picked up his head to to look at us. He asked "Where are you two going?"
We stood still not moving as me and Layla looked back each other. "Oh no" Layla said as she took a step back away from Anubis.