chapter 38 I'm monster

Y/n: "So she wants me to study poison bending with flowers.
I'm not sure how this information is going to help me with my issues of controlling my powers."

Nephthys: "Imagine your powers as a flower.
Closed very tightly where all the power is being held against its will.
Nowhere to go, but to be hidden away from the sun waiting for the moment to come out, then all of a sudden you feel threatened by someone or anything that comes out to protect you.
Long story short, the more you use it, the more you start to burn away your life force until death but the more you control your powers, the more you'll get a bond with it you'll get the hang of it."

Y/n: "I understand why I need to have  control of my powers but why poison bending?
Couldn't it be anything else but poison bending or whatever it is?"

Nephthys got up walked over to me and flicked me on the nose to the point it hurt so much.
She walked back away from me a few feet as she had her hands behind her back but she looked hurt for a moment before she talked again.

Nephthys: "I'm very certain that no matter what the reason why Ra wanted you to study poison bending it's probably for the best.
Also, poison is an art and the essence of art is surprise."

The rest of the lesson she was teaching me was how to heal myself such as I can heal myself and restore optimal health, curecuringaged or withered wounds, broken bones, low vitality, and diseases/poisoning.

While learning how to heal myself, I also learned how I could do spells as well.
I had made a magical shield surrounding me and Neptune inside it was powerful and beautiful.

For each spell I saw in the book it would require a small bit of my energy to make it as powerful as possible however I would get more and more tired the longer I would use my powers it was like the magic was draining me.

Nephthys had experience as well when casting spells requires a lot of energy because it is common to feel tired afterward for several hours.

Amulets were another source of magic power, Nephthys had once explained it to me and from what she understood from Osiris's words during the trial she may have found a solution for helping me with powers.

She gave me a Goddess Isis Silver Ring every time I felt my powers were rising inside me the ring would glow blue in the middle.
I guess she must have made this ring es, especially for me in case t I lose control again but it won't happen again at least I hope so.

Four hours later

I was getting my things together so I could leave for my next lesson Sekhmet but for some reason, she remained quiet for a while as I was gathering my things to leave.

I decided to ask her if she was felling alright but she didn't answer me so I'm remain silent as I finished getting my things.
A few more minutes passed until she finally dared to speak up once more.
Her sudden response had caught me off guard just when I was heading out the room.