Chapter 2 (Training from the flame hashira)

Shinjuro Rengoku was the name of the man that took taiyo to train with him. He explained to Taiyo about the existence of the demon slayer corps and the levels that you progress from. he explained to Taiyo that hashira's are the top most powerful demon slayers in the corps, and that he was the current flame hashira. He told Taiyo that hashiras have tsugoku's which are succesors to the hashira title.

Taiyo's POV-

Rengoku-san told me that I would be his tsugoku because of my natural talent, he said that I would have to take part in the final selection in which he would decide when I would be ready. He started teaching me his breathing technique, which I mastered in 3 weeks because of it's similarities to sun breathing. We started with doing 100 swings of a wooden sword every hour which I found quite easy, we then followed with doing a 10km run and 200 pushups. He said that he was giving me less training because I was only eight years old. Along side me was his son, named kyojuro, we would train together and he was impressed because I had a natural talent and I was around the same age as him. Kyojuro's mother was a kind person and she treated me like I was her own son, she reminded me of my mum, but I noticed something wrong with her health. Around a month after I started training, I had told Rengoku-san about his wife's condition which both of them were surprised, because I had new before she was showing any symptoms of sickness. I asked them to go see a doctor just in case and when they came back Rengoku-san hugged me aswell as thanking me, he told me that if they came a month later there would be no cure for her illness.

Shinjuro Rengoku's POV-

This boy i had found on a mission was extremely talented, he could do 200 pushups, a 10k sprint and 100 sword swings with little to no effort. I could tell that he was gifted but I never thought that he could be to this extent where he could master all 9 forms of flame breathing in under a month. I had been taught flame breathing from childhood and it took me most of my youth to completely master all the forms. I new that this kid could easily take on a lower rank demon and win. After a month of his training he came up to me and told me to take my wife to a doctor. i agreed with the thought in my mind that it would just be a check up, what the doctor told us shocked me. He said that if we arrived a month or two late she would have been in a critical condition and wouldn't live for long. As soon I got back to my estate I hugged Taiyo and cried in his arms, I thanked him and later asked him how he new and when he told me I was shocked. Taiyo Kamado could see through the bodies of people! I new that this boy could become a Hashira in no time so I decided to take him straight to the hardest training possible, aswell as my son who I believed could learn a lot from Taiyo.

After this turn of events, Shinjuro decided to make both his son and Taiyo do a 10 km run every 2 hours as well as 500 sword swings every 2 hours and 100 pushups every hour. To Taiyo this was still reletively easy and he wouldn't lose his breath, on the other hand kyojuro would but would still be able to do all the training.

Time skip -

6 years had passed kyojuro and Taiyo were getting ready to go to the final selection, they both got a nichirin katana from Shinjuro. He told them that nichirin blades were made from an ore found on the mountain closest to the sun, and that when demons are beheaded with the blade they turn to ash. Kyojuro was wearing a white to red haori similar to his dads but without yellow, he was wearing black kimono underneath it. Taiyo was wearing a red and black checkered haori over an orange kimono. With that done they set off to the final selection 

Taisho era secret-

Taiyo had not shown emotion in front of his sensei until the day, he was told to learn the 9th form of flame breathing.

Taiyo had told his sensei (shinjuro) that he wasn't part of the rengoku family. The flame hashira said that, "you my boy are special to me my wife and my children, even though it has been 2 weeks I consider you as a part of my family." After this Taiyo smiled and she'd tears of joy while hugging his sensei.

Authors note-

This was a relatively short chapter since I am going to write the next one today. Maybe in an hour or 2 you will see a final selection chapter.