Chapter 10 (twins)

Time skip 2 years.

Two years had passed and Taiyo regularly visited his family because of his father's recent passing, one day he had asked oyakata-same if he could go see his family. Oyakata-sama agreed and allowed him.

Taiyo's POV-

I was walking up the mountain to my house, I smelt of blood and ran towards it as fast as I could. I thought to myself that it couldn't be possible but as soon as I reached my house I saw blood scattered all over the walls of my house. I then saw 7 graves. I started crying and then noticed that the scent of blood in the graves wasn't the same as tanjirou or nezuko's. I thought they were alive until I saw tanjiro's axe and nezuko's second favorite dress on two separate graves.

I went back to HQ and informed them this to oyakata-same. He said, "I am so sorry, my child I am sure they are in a better place." As he said that I started crying, and asked him to give me as many missions as possible, he then said: "my child, you should take a break." I disagreed and told him I could not take a break if demons were roaming the world and killing innocent people. He smiled and said, "very well my child."

In one week Taiyo had killed 558 demons by himself, everyone was shocked since he had killed all the new lower-rank demons, at the same time as not getting any blood on his clothes and not being tired.

Oyakata-sama had called a meeting for all the hashira except Taiyo, he asked them to try to comfort him and to help him take a break.

Another week had passed and nobody could convince him to stop and take a break. He wouldn't listen to anyone including his best friend and even Kanae. At the end of the week, he had come back to HQ for the first time in 2 weeks and reported that he had killed 1267 demons. A hashira meeting was called and everyone was in disbelief to see Taiyo there, they asked if he was ok in unison, even sanemi was worried. He nodded and oyakata-Sama told everyone that he had killed 1267 demons, in the weeks that he was away. Everyone asked him if it was true and he nodded, everyone was shocked because he had killed more demons than all the hashira combined in only 2 weeks. Oyakata-sama then asked Taiyo to go and look over two boys who had recently lost their father. Taiyo agreed and asked for their location.

A year had passed and Taiyo recognized the blood of the boys to be similar to the blood of upper-rank one's blood. The boys reminded Taiyo of him and his brother. The brothers' names were yuichiro and muichiro, they were twins. Taiyo was regularly visiting them as well as bringing them gifts. This continued for 1 year and 9 months, and they had become fond of Taiyo and Taiyo felt his guilt and sadness go away after being with the boys for so long. Taiyo had started calling them Yui and Mui, and they started calling him oni-chan (big brother). One day meanwhile they were asleep a demon attacked them and cut some of Yui's hair off meanwhile Yui jumped to protect his brother. Since Taiyo didn't have his sword and his sword was near the door he went to punch the demon. Suddenly the demon froze and asked for forgiveness, Taiyo quickly got his sword and killed the demon. The demon was crying in fear and its last words were. "please don't hurt me."

Taiyo explained to the boys about the existence of the demon slayer corps and the younger twin Mui asked If they could become demon slayers. Yui agreed since he knew he would make good money from killing demons. Taiyo said no, and both boys asked why. Taiyo started crying, they both knew that Taiyo had lost someone close to him and embraced him with a hug. Taiyo agreed and told them that the training would be hard. They both agreed and Taiyo carried both of them back to HQ.

Taiyo informed oyakata-sama of their blood relationship to upper moon one, who was the brother of the first breath user (yoriichi). Oyakata-sama sent them to train with sanemi, both boys passed the final selection in one month and became extremely strong mist breath users.

3 months had passed and a hashira meeting was called.

Oyakata-sama had introduced the new mist and love hashiras. Mitsuri kanroji and the tokito twins.

Everyone was surprised that the twins had become hashira's in two months since the final selection except for Taiyo, gyomei, and sanemi. Every one of the hashira except Taiyo was assigned a region to protect. Taiyo wasn't assigned a region since he had killed 896 more demons since his family's death. Oyakata sama told him to get rest. Taiyo agreed while thinking to himself, "I'm going to improve all the hashira's breathing styles. With sun breathing"