Chapter 3 (The final selection)

On the way to mount fujikasane, kyojuro was quite which was a contradiction to his normal loud and outgoing personallity, Taiyo asked why kyojuro was so quite, kyojuro said he was scared. Taiyo said to kyojuro that he was strong enough to take on a lower moon, and that he had nothing to worry about. 

They reached mount fujikasane and saw around 20-30 people attending the final selection. They both decided to converse with some people at the selection.

Taiyo POV-

Me and kyojuro walked up to two boys who had fox warding masks, they said that they were trained by the current water hashira and that they were his tsugoku's. One of the boys name was sabito, he had a rare peach hair colour and his aura seemed quite strong, the other boys name was giyuu, he had black hair and his aura was strong but his scent was a sad one. Both the boys were around the same age as kyojuro and I, they had said that there were two other girls who adopted two branches of water breathing which were flower and insect breathing. Sabito and giyuu said that they were also with the water hashira for some time. Without anytime kyojuro went up to them and ask them in his loud boisterous voice. "HELLO, ARE YOU TWO BY ANY CHANCE SISTERS" kyojuro said, they replied "yes?" "WHAT BREATHING TECHNIQUES DO YOU TWO USE" " I use flower breathing and my younger sister uses insect breathing, what breathing style do you use?" "ME AND MY FRIEND TAIYO ARE THE TSUGOKU'S OF THE CURRENT FLAME HASHIRA, I USE FLAME BREATHING BUT TAIYO USES THE ORIGINAL BREATHING TECHNIQUE." All of a sudden the birds, insects and people at the final selection went silent. I went to kyojuro and dragged him away, meanwhile everyone at the exam looked at me in confusion. They started whispering to each other about the original breathing technique since kyojuro had said it quite loudly. Luckily I was saved by the guides of the selections. They said that there were demons on the mountain and that we had to survive 7 days and nights on the mountain without being killed. As the girls said go I dashed away from everyone, I didn't want to wait for seven days so I decided to kill all the demons on the mountain before anyone else could get hurt. From my senses, I could tell that there were 14 demons on the mountain and they were all reletively close to each other, because I had sensed lots of the participants were weak I decided to find all the demons and kill them. I used sun breathing first from: dance, to decapitate 5 demons in one form, I heard screams in the distance and I saw 2 demons about to kill the two girls from earlier, I ran up and use sun breathing third from: raging sun two decapitate the two demons, one of the girls was injured and had a deep wound on her leg. I took out any visible debris I could see from her wound, she scream in pain since the wound was quite deep I told her to calm down and, looked at her while smiling, she smiled back and this made me blush, (I think she was blushing too) after I helped the girls get back on their feet, they asked for my name, I told them mine  was Taiyo they told me their names were shinobu and Kanae kocho, they exclaimed that one day I would see them as hashira's, I at this smiled and left. I finished off 6 more demons and I had 1 more left to kill, I heard a scream, it was Giyuu from before, Sabito was protecting him. I ran and I sensed a foul demon that had been stuck on the mountain for a long time, he was about deal the finishing blow to Sabito but I managed to divert it's attention. He looked at me and wacked Sabito away, Sabito hit a tree and for the first time I felt pure anger towards a demon. I charged and used sun breathing ninth form: dragon sun halo head dance, the demon started laughing, until it noticed it's head was decapitated. I looked at it and said "what is the value of a life to you?" The fading away demon started screaming and looked at me and started to ask for forgiveness, it's scent was a sad one, after i killed the demon I prayed to god to let him Rest In Peace and for him to never be a demon in his next life. I looked over to Giyuu and I told him to carry Sabito, I then carried Giyuu on my back and ran back to the entrance of the mountain. The guides were confused on why the other contestents came back from the mountain so early, as I arrived with the injured Sabito and Giyuu all the people their looked at me in awe, it was because even after killing all the demons, I didn't have a single scratch on me, my clothes were spotless. Kyojuro came up to me and asked if I killed all the demons, I just nodded and with that everyone shouted "WHAT!!!!!!!!" The two girls said that no one had ever done that before and that I was the first one to ever kill all the demons on the mountain. Giyuu thanked me, I offered to carry Sabito back to his house for him he thanked me and agreed. I told kyojuro about me helping them and kyojuro said he would help and carry Giyuu. Sometime had passed and we arrived at the current water hashira's home, straight away, the water hashira came and hugged his tsugoku's, he asked if they killed the hand demon that had killed all of his previous students. Both Giyuu and Sabito shook their heads and pointed at me. I asked the water hashira for his name and he told me it was urokodaki sakonji. He said to me " did you kill the demon with the many hands?" I nodded, and he thanked me for avenging his fallen children. He asked kyojuro and me to stay for the night, we were reluctant at first but eventually agreed. Meanwhile all 5 of us where eating, urokodaki-san asked us of our breathing techniques, before I could speak kyojuro interupted me and said "WE ARE BOTH THE TSUGOKU'S OF THE CURRENT FLAME HASHIRA. I USE FLAME BREATHING AND MY FRIEND TAIYO USES THE ORIGINAL BREATH." Urokodaki-san seemed interested and asked me what the breath is called, I told him it was called sun breathing and that all other breaths were derived from it. "THAT IS WHY MY FRIEND MASTERED FLAME BREATHING IN 3 WEEKS." Kyojuro exclaimed. Sabito and Giyuu asked if I could master water breathing, Before I could speak kyojuro said, "MY FRIEND TAIYO COULD MASTER ANY BREATHING FORM" They asked Urokodaki-san if he could perform all the forms of water breathing for me, and he happily agreed. After dinner Urokodaki-san performed all the forms and he was impressed on how I was able to learn all the forms in under 30 minutes. Even though I didn't master it, it was good enough for Urokodaki-san to ask me to spar with him.

The next morning we woke up and got ready to spar. Me and Urokodaki-san both took a stance and the goal was to get the other person on the floor with using just a wooden katana. Sabito, Giyuu and Kyojuro were eager to watch and counted down. " 3, 2, 1, GOOO".

My goal was to dodge Urokodaki-sans attacks until the right moment I could strike, he came at me at fast speeds, I dodged and dodged for 30 minutes until I saw the right moment and hit his knees and weaker muscles with the the wooden katana, he fell and I put my sword against his forehead and said "it's over". He then exclaimed on how I was a natural.

Urokodaki's POV-

I rushed at the boy and he easily dodged my attacks, I had more than 20 years in experience, why couldn't I beat this boy, it seemed like he was holding back and somehow he hit me in all the spots which had grown weak. I myself was I child prodigy and I could never had been this good. Even after I lost I knew he was holding back the entire time. Before he left he told me about his vision. I was shocked to find out that he could see through the bodies of others. I thought to my self that this boy might be able to turn the tides on the war between humans and demons.

Taiyo and kyojuro arrived back at the Rengoku house hold and they were greeted with both Shinjuro and Ruka Rengoku coming to them both with a bone crunching hug. Both the boys waited for 14 days for their swordsmith to arrive, in those 14 days they both trained and had some peaceful time with the each other, Taiyo wrote often to his family and was going to visit them this new years. 

Taisho secret-

Taiyo is able to adapt to any situation from a glance. He has an IQ of 287 which is higher than shinobu' s IQ.

Authors note-

OMG that was a long chapter. If you see any spelling/grammar mistakes pls forgive me, I hope I did better, i won't be writing much fights till Taiyo becomes the sun hashira  so maybe in a couple chapters you will see the heads of 3 upper moons on the floor. :D I may go slower and break up chapters to 700-900 words each idk, I might make some chapters on love then again I do not know. Next chapter I will do a vote for some ideas. Just put them in the comment section. After 2 days I will start writing my favourite one of your suggestions.